Dog setting off motion sensor when set to human only

I am constantly getting motion alerts from my dog in our backyard, when the camera is set to People Only Mode.

I may as well turn the motion sensor off, which means the camera is of little use.

Section 18 of the Australian Consumer Law prohibits a person, in trade or commerce, from engaging in misleading or deceptive conduct. There is a feature of the Ring product that enables ‘People Only Mode’ and clearly this feature does not work.

@67Farnham wrote:

I am constantly getting motion alerts from my dog in our backyard, when the camera is set to People Only Mode.

I may as well turn the motion sensor off, which means the camera is of little use.

Section 18 of the Australian Consumer Law prohibits a person, in trade or commerce, from engaging in misleading or deceptive conduct. There is a feature of the Ring product that enables ‘People Only Mode’ and clearly this feature does not work.

Hi there is already a topic running on this same issue please check out the discussions on it.

https://community.ring.com/t5/Security-Cams/Motion-Sensitivity-picking-up-pets-when-set-for-People-Only/td-p/3075