Continuous Recording Option?

I just subscribed to one of the plans to allow recording but do not see where a timeline is created to review history. Is there something we need to turn on to activate continuous recording ? Thanks !

Continous recording is not an option. Ring only records based on the motion settings, or when you select live view. Those recordings will be in the timeline.

24:7 recording is not an option currently, but Ring are planning to offer it as a premium option of mains Wired cams (no confirmed date).

Ring is a motion triggered capture solution. Depending on your cams settings and model, you can reduce the cool down between triggered records to a minimum. For example for mains powered models the cool down can be just a few seconds. Of course there needs to be ongoing motion for additional records to be triggered.

Continuous recording would bog down your wifi & internet connection like crazy

Hi,

Any news on when 24/7 recording is due to come out?

I already have the protect plus plan and this would be a great feature.

1 Like

@Murray wrote:
24:7 recording is not an option currently, but Ring are planning to offer it as a premium option of mains Wired cams (no confirmed date).

Ring is a motion triggered capture solution. Depending on your cams settings and model, you can reduce the cool down between triggered records to a minimum. For example for mains powered models the cool down can be just a few seconds. Of course there needs to be ongoing motion for additional records to be triggered.

I have a Floodlight Cam. Can I reduce this cooldown period? I can’t find it anywhere in device settings. I am also missing substantial amount of video recording between motions.

2 Likes

When will continuous recording be available?

1 Like

We use arlo wherever we need cvr or want recording to duplicate on local sd cards in the base stations. It’s frustrating having to use two systems both of which have advantages and (major) disadvantages.