Clean camera lense

Is it possible to clean the lense of the camera on the floodlights? There’s a smudge visible on the camera that was on it when it was shipped. I just got the ring a couple of weeks ago. Was hoping I could just clean the smudge. Thanks.

You could try a lense cleaning cloth (or one for eyeglasses). If that does not work, I would return the camera.

1 Like

Can you get into the camera to get to the lense? I have cleaned off the outter part of the camera. Thanks

No you cannot get to the inside . . . we I guess you could, but I would not want to break a new camera. If the problem is internal, return it.

Thanks.

My camera lense is so back due to the recent weather elements. It needs to be cleaned from the inside. What can we do?

1 Like

I too have a spotlight cam that is blurry. I have taped it into a bag of moisture absorbing crystal for a week but to no avail. I have moved its position closer to a modem and facing a different direction but the image STILL looks like a “Drunks Xmas Vision”!!
I have available the most beautiful pic from the camera that looks like it’s viewing life through a coke bottle.

Hi, did anyone figure out what to do? I tried cleaning the outer lens, but the camera picture is still blurry. :frowning:

Well the hardware used to be good quality when ring started, now one cannot see anything at night, raining or misty.
Trying simplysafe cameras, fed up getting no support and bad quality products.
We dont need more software updates we need quality hardware!

Hi neighbors. To clean the lens on your Ring Cameras or Doorbells, we recommend using a soft microfiber cloth to gently wipe away any dirt or debris. If that doesn’t work and the lens on your device appears to be blurry or foggy, other neighbors in the Community have found success using different methods. I did a quick search and found a few threads you can check out: Thread 1, Thread 2, and Thread 3.

You can give the DIY solutions that worked for the neighbors in those threads a try to see if it works for you. If the concern is that there may be moisture inside of your Doorbell or Camera that is impacting the lens, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. Our support team can review the potential damage and the warranty on your Ring device to determine the best resolution. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

Wet the microfiber cloth. Then clean the Len, then dry it off with another cloth … From what I can determine it is Spider Smutz . You may have to readjust the viewing position as the Ring positioning clamping system is not the best …

1 Like