Cannot pair or connect to floodlight cam

Installed three floodlight cams. One of them dropped its WiFi connection after two days of use. It won’t reconnect and it’s only 15-20 feet away from the main WiFi router as well as another mesh WiFi hotspot (one on main floor and 2nd is on 2nd floor just above the main router).

It won’t go into pairing mode so I followed the instructions to manually click the setup button (after dragging the latter back out again). It will flash blue but it will not connect. Then it says to select the WiFi for Ring manually on my phone but it again will not connect and this repeats over and over (Ring wants to Join, allow, unable to join Ring Setup CC…).

I then flipped the breaker… no dice. Then I removed the device from the app, flipped the breaker and added the device again. Had to hit the button to go to setup mode but same problem. It won’t connect.

I should have a solid WiFi connection from where it is and nothing changed with the network since it’s successful setup and use.

But since I can’t connect to the Ring Setup CC WiFi, I don’t think it’s my WiFi that’s the problem when I can’t join the Rings setup WiFi.

Any ideas?

Does Ring have support or is it just on weekends that there is not chat Product support?

Tried a hard reset as well. No luck.

I’m thinking it’s defective and will have to return it? Frustrating

Hey @tomn68. Thank you for taking the time to detail out your experience here and what you have done to try to get this up and running. Chat support is not available at this time to do troubleshooting support, so you will need to call to get this addressed. If you have not already, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Feel free to come back to this thread and let us know how this goes!

I spoke to a couple of support reps troubleshooting and it was determined we need to return the floodlight for a replacement.

For others that run in to this, some of the troubleshooting steps that I didn’t see elsewhere…

-Force Reset - climb your ladder and press and hold the button on top of the camera for 20 seconds. THen I think I had to press it again to put it in setup mode and try again.

-They had me shut off bluetooth and celluar data as well as wifi assist on iphone. (remember that if you have poor cell service, if you’re on the phone with a rep, turning off wifi assist will drop your call).

-When that didn’t work, they had me reset Network Settings which will clear out your wifi passwords (and again will drop any live calls you’re on).

-When that didn’t work we tried another phone to set up and that didn’t work which was then it was decieded to return/exchange the device.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue too. I wish they can just add a RJ45 port in the back so that we can hard-wire it, at least for initial setup. I can see every WIFI SSIDs in my neighborhood but not “Ring Setup 2e”.

I was able to see the ring connection but it would always fail. Returned it to Ring and got (eventually) a replacement. The reordering and returning was a nightmare of phone calls. All works now though. Next time I’ll buy from homedepot and if it doesn’t work I’ll return to them who take back anything.