Can't edit motion zones

I’m unable to edit motion zones. Motion alerts work fine. I have a Gen 2 stick up cam with USB power and connection via WiFi. Signal strength is strong. I also have a Ring alarm system (base station and a number of contact sensors, etc.). All firmware, iOS apps and iOS software is up to date. The camera is a replacement for one that disconnected from my network and couldn’t get back to working so Ring customer support sent me a replacement device so it’s brand new out of the box (not a refurbished one or anything).

Any idea what to do? I keep getting the error “Sorry about that! Please try again in a moment.” It’s been days and I keep getting the same error message when I try and make a change to a zone and then save it (I don’t get the message if I don’t change anything). I need motion zones so I don’t get street traffic, etc. Please help!

Sorry to hear about this experience @BrooklynJeff! The best first step here would be to remove and reinstall the Ring app on your mobile device. Please also ensure no bluetooth or VPN are enabled on your phone. Try testing a live view to confirm the Cam is communicating with app, then try changing the zones on wifi only, or cell data only.

If this concern persists, try resetting your mobile device’s network connection, which can be found in the mobile device connection settings. Let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

hey, same issue - on google pixel 3 - cannot enable zones, and cannot save - getting “unexpected error” and cannot save settings - uninstalled and reinstalled the app - still same thing - can’t believe there is no anser to that !!!

So Marley_Ring, I did what you suggested. Now my camera won’t connect to the network at all and I can’t get it to re-enter set up mode. What do I do now???

Sorry to hear about this @BrooklynJeff! None of the steps above should result in your Camera disconnecting from your wifi network. Removing and reinstalling the app will simply check for updates, permissions, and could help for optimal integration with your mobile device. Resetting network settings, is also mobile device specific and should not effect your Cam’s connection in the Ring app. If this concern persists, I recommend reaching out to our support team for more in-depth troubleshooting.

This happened to me, and I eventually found (duh!) that the zone feature had gotten disabled somehow. Re-enabling ii solved the problem.

1 Like