cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect my Ring to French SFR router

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Can't connect my Ring to French SFR router

I have several Ring products in the UK and I'm familiar with the set up process.

However I've tried setting up my Ring Floodlight cam in France using an SFR router.

Unfortunately the Ring device picks up the wifi (it's well within range) but it won't recognise (list) the router. So I can't connect it to the internet.

SFR say it's a Ring issue.

Anyone come across this issue with SFR routers before? 

Must sell loads of Ring products in France and as SFR are one of the main telecoms players there so there must be some information on this and how to get around it?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Can't connect my Ring to French SFR router

Hey @JW1914. You will need to ensure that your router is broadcasting the 2.4 GHz network, and not a 5.0 GHz network. Once you've ensured it's running on 2.4 GHz, try setting up the camera and see if your router's network shows up. Then, when going through the setup, if you still don't see your wifi network, it may be hidden. What you can do is tap the "Add a Hidden Network" button at the bottom of the screen with the list of other wifi networks. 

If you are still not seeing your wifi network show up or adding the hidden network doesn't address this, you may want to check some of your router settings. Please read our Ring Help Center Article here for more information. 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.