Camera won’t stay connected

I bought a 2 pack of the indoor cameras on Amazon and one of the cameras WILL NOT stay connected to WiFi. It’s driving me absolutely insane. I’ll set it up and it’ll reset itself within 5 minutes. I’ve tried resetting the router/WiFi and I’m not having any issues with any other cameras or devices in the home. Help?! Thanks!

2 Likes

I’m having the same problem! :frowning:

1 Like

I’m also having this problem

1 Like

We are having the same problem. We have have made wifi system upgrades and it’s still a problem.

1 Like

I actually called them and they tried to troubleshoot everything, but they said since it’s not working, it’s probably one of the defective one, so they will send me a new one and we will send the defective one back to them. Hope this helps!!!

2 Likes

I was having the same problem. I went through all the trouble shooting that RING has on their website. Then called just now. They will ask for your USER NAME, the MAC address and then they will put you on hold to do further trouble shooting. If they are not able to get it back online then they will send you a replacement. They will debt $1.00 on your credit card on file and then send out the replacement device. Once you return the defective device they will then credit back the $1.00

Sorry to hear about this neighbors! Connection concerns are often related to wifi, mobile device, or Ring app communication variables. The best first thing to check is your wifi signal strength, or RSSI, which can be found in the Device Health section of your Ring app. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing this signal strength.

As all routers can vary, it may be worth checking for any custom settings or router capabilities to ensure nothing would interfere with a streaming device. Sometimes, enabling a standard 2.4 ghz guest network can help to rule out other variables.

After checking your wifi and power resources, try performing a reset on the Camera by holding the setup button for 20 seconds. If this concern persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. In the meantime, please confirm what model Camera you have, and feel free to update us on any solution you find with the support team. We will, of course, share this feedback with our teams here. :slight_smile:

I have the same problem.

So back in January I bought a 2 pack and 1 was DOA and 1 worked. After too mmay calls, emails and troubles got the one replaced. Now the second one just died. It will not connect and not reset to the blue flashing lights.

Just spent 50 minuutes with tech support to confirm its DOA and wait for yet another relacement camera.

Lesson learned- ring indoor cameras are not that relaible.

Getting a human from Ring to help is a PITA.

Seriously looking to move to Vivint or Simplisafe when my Ring plan expires.

Its insane they charge you to do a warranty replacement. They have no trust you will return the defective junk. Liking ring less and less every interaction.

Hi neighbors! Thank you for your patience. We will haev the team take a look into this immediately. We will certainly be in touch with any information as it comes in. Please reach out to our support team for more information and troubleshooting. Thank you!!

Yes. We have the exact same issue and it’s getting worse. We have 2 Rings for the office reception desk and neither one will stay on for more than a few seconds at a time. It constantly loses connection and becomes unavailable . We just reworked our wi-fi network and nothing works. HELP!

1 Like

I’ve had the same issue with my front camera since I bought the set up. Basically gave up. Super frustrated. It’s basically useless. The light doesn’t even turn on all of the time.

1 Like

I’m having the same problem. I just bought this camera yesterday from Best Buy and it’s been connected for maybe 8 hours. Now it won’t connect and tells me my router is too far away when it’s literally inside the window where I installed the camera to bring with! Neither one of my doorbell cameras are having a problem and they’re further away from the routers than this camera is

1 Like

Hi neighbors! If the suggestions offered in Marley’s previous response don’t do the trick to resolve your concern, then I’d recommend you reach out to our support team for further assistance. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here and they can take a more in-depth look at this with you. :slight_smile:

I’m with whitehusky89. I have a solar powered Ring camera and it seems like every 2 days I have to reset it. Not easy since I need to access it with a ladder. i’m getting more and more frustrated with the Ring devices. They are a real PITA

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.