Camera stopped responding

My pretty new Ring camera stopped working all of a sudden. The last device health check showed 100% battery and good wifi. Now it’s not responding to motion of the app. How can I contact Ring to help me? The “chat” feature says that I can’t get device help there.

Hey @Krebstar. Our chat team is currently unavailable to assist with device troubleshooting, but I’m happy to help with some suggestions here. First, what model of Ring Camera do you have? Additionally, are you walking in front of the Camera and it’s not detecting motion, or are you unable to access the Live View?

Your Ring’s connection to the internet is measured by the RSSI, which stands for Received Signal Strength Indicator. Based on the screenshot you sent, the RSSI is a bit on the higher side, which may be impacting your Ring’s ability to maintain a reliable connection to the internet. You can learn more about RSSI and how to improve the signal your Ring is receiving here. Improving the signal will improve the overall performance of your Camera.

Hi Caitlyn,

Thanks for the reply. The motion detection LED on the device was not triggering when I walked in the Motion Alert Zones. I assumed the device was dead. Should the motion detection on the device work work when internet connectivity is lost? Or are they coupled together?

But, good news, the camera magically started working this morning (RSSI-64 now). It was down for approximately 27 hours. My network seemed healthy during this time, so I’m hesitant to write it off as a network problem. I’ve had about 2 months of good behavior and no network changes in between.

@Krebstar Thank you for sharing those additional details, and I’m glad to hear the Camera is working. If the Camera is not connected to wifi, then you will not be notified of motion detection. You mentioned you’re seeing an RSSI of -64 in the Ring App, which is a bit on the higher side and this can impact your Ring’s ability to maintain a reliable connection to the Internet. I’d recommend reviewing this Help Center Article on RSSI and how to improve the signal your Ring is receiving here. In addition to that, we have a great Community post that goes into depth on RSSI here. Improving the signal your Ring is receiving will improve its overall performance.