Camera not turning back on after motion schedule

I have a stick up cam and i use motion schedule to shut off alerts from 6am to 8pm during the weekend. After 8pm the camera does not resume to normal alerts and recordings. I have to manually go into the settings for that device and turn everything on again. Has anyone else had this issue?

1 Like

Hey @DustinAZ. Could you try completely deleting your motion schedule, removing the Ring app from your phone, restarting your phone, and then reinstalling the app/setting up the motion schedule again? Once re-setup, monitor the time after your motion schedule to see if the alerts come through. I recommend to purposefully try the camera to record an event to then see if you get the motion alert show up on your phone. If you do not have recordings/events still on-going when your schedule is over, please reach out to our support team here for further troubleshooting!

1 Like

I’m having the same issue with my spotlight cam, my schedule is from 6am-10pm at which point the alerts don’t turn back on. If I turn motion alerts back on manually the app tells me I must disable my schedule. If I proceed to disable the schedule and turn alerts back on I can then go to the schedule and re-enable it. This does not fix the issue as alerts won’t turn back on again the following night. I’ve had this schedule in place a long time and it just recently started glitching out. Was the firmware recently updated? It doesn’t provide a date in the app. The app states it was updated about a month ago so I don’t think that’s the problem.

Hi @ihastie79. You can try deleting the Motion Schedule and re-adding it to see if it then works as intended. You also want to make sure the OS on your phone is up to date. If you have tried these steps and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

I’ve already tried removing and re-adding the motion schedule multiple times and iOS on my iPhone was updated the day after release to 15.6.1 on my 13 Pro Max. I don’t have time to start removing the device and adding it again right now so I’ll just turn motion alerts off and on manually for now until this software/firmware issue is resolved.