cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cam Battery Door Open

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Cam Battery Door Open

I have a very hard time getting the battery door to stay closed.  I open it with the button on back of camera and try to close by holding both sides and pressing upward.  Howevery it barely closes and will soon drop open.  I have had to resort to using tape to keep door up. Is there a trick to keeping door shut?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Cam Battery Door Open

I have the same problem. I have had this camera for about four years now. I have to slam it shut and sometimes it still takes 3 or 4 tries to get it to stay shut. 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

So there's no solution to this? Makes the unit feel pretty cheap.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

We've got a brand new camera and no matter how many time we've tried, we get the same error message about the battery door open.

Highlighted
Community Moderator

Hey neighbors! This should not be happening. The battery hatch should close easily and should not read as open once closed. Please keep in mind that a poor wifi signal strength can delay the reporting of the hatch being closed in the Ring app.

If your RSSI is good, check the following: 

• Ensure the battery is all the way in the slot securely.
  • Check that there is no debris inside or around the hatch.
  • Close the hatch firmly to be sure the sensor knows it is closed.

If you've tried the above and it still shows as open, please reach out to our support team for more in-depth troubleshooting. Feel free to let us kow how it goes! Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I have the same problem.  There is no debris, it just does not stay closed, wind or whatever.  You unfortunately need to tape it closed.  Not made very well.