Bug report: Light schedule stopped working

Hi,

My light schedule has stopped working. It was working fine for weeks but it has stopped working over the last couple of days. I’ve gone into the app to enter a new light schedule but it rememberd my old one, so I just clicked save. Going back into the light schedule, I see that the option is enabled but in a light blue colour instead of a dark blue colour.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there a fix?

Thanks

Hey @irfans, have you attempted to delete the schedule and re-set it up? This is a great place to start, and in addition, try uninstalling and reinstalling it. Once you do that, make sure to create a new schedule and observe your camera over the next couple days to make sure it follows this schedule!

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

It doesn’t allow me to delete it per say. I can turn it off or on. If I turn it back on it remembers the previous settings but the light doesn’t come on during those times.

Is uninstalling and reinstalling really necessary? Will it lose my configuration of which cameras I have?

@irfans Thanks for letting me know. Uninstalling and reinstalling the app will not affect any settings that have been changed on your devices or account, as those settings and information are stored away for you. Let me know if the reinstall of the app helps!

I have the same issue, the lights stopped working according to the schedule. I really don’t buy into…delete and reinstall the app. Come on ring…fix the issue!!!

Hi Chelsea,

I tried re-installing the app but it still does not work. Can you please fix it?!

Kind regards,

Irfan

P.S. If this is affecting any others in the ring community please post a message. The more reports the better.

Hi,

Any further updates on this. The light schedule still doesn’t work!

Thanks,

Irfan

Hi neighbors. We do not have an update at this time but we are still looking into this. We appreciate your patience in the meanwhile and I will update the thread when this seems to be resolved. For a faster response and resolution, you can reach out to our support team here. They can document the concern on your account and send an automated email when this is resolved after tagging your account accordingly. :smiley_cat: