Break in attempt last night went 100% undetected by a flood light cam directly over the crime scene

Had a break in attempt last night.

Floodlight camera was pointed directly at the crime scene.

It recorded NOTHING.

My neighbor’s camera (IP) was pointed in my direction and captured the entire incident while my camera remained dormant. Literally zero capture of the 15-20 second incident. Not even in the “30 second” timelapse style feature.

Not the approach, not the attempt, not the departure.

It’s like it never happened according to my 3 floodlights facing the front (one directly), the other 2 about 1/3 view (for overlapping coverage).

Good news though, it caught a cat strolling by earlier in the night.

I checked all settings. I did NOT have PEOPLE ONLY mode.

First, I’m sorry this happened to you.

We are hoping to get a reply/resolution in a similar thread…

https://community.ring.com/t5/Security-Cams/Spotlight-Cam-Motion-Detection/td-p/56096

You may want to follow that one in hopes of a solution being posted.

Stay safe!

Hi @ParaDescartar123. A few things that I would look over to make sure your Floodlight Cam records every time is Motion Frequency, Mode Settings, Motion Settings and RSSI. Those are all variables that play a part in how our Ring Devices detect motion and record events. Let me know if this helps!

No such thing as MOTION FREQUENCY on a flood light.

That is only available in Stick Up Cams or Spotlight Cams.

MODE is set to DISARMED, but all modes have same settings:

MOTION DETECTION ENABLED

LIVE VIEW ENABLED

MOTION SETTINGS as follows:

MOTION ZONES has a single zone that covers all but the top left and right corners (sky) since I don’t want to get motion triggered when a cloud moves by. My estimate is that is covers 90% of the FOV and 100% of the driveway where the crime occurred.

PEOPLE ONLY MODE is OFF

MOTION SENSITIVITY is set to ALL MOTION

MOTIONS SCHEDULE is not enabled.

RSSI is RSSI-47 and set to GREEN text.