Battery Faulty

The battery on my new Stick Up Cam won’t charge!!

I plug it in and get the Red and Green light.

Then the Red light goes out leaving the Green.

I put the battery in and get "battery Critically low’ please charge!!:cry:

If I plug it back in I get the Green and Red - then the Green on its own!!

Etc Etc.

Hi @Henryv! Please ensure you are using the proper Micro USB charging cable and charging the battery for several hours to ensure it is fully charged. As it sounds like you’ve already done this, try resetting the Cam by holding the setup button for 20 seconds.

If this does not resolve your concern, Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

2 Likes

The Camera has switched itself off as the battery is too low!

Where is the setup button?

I pressed the orange button but nothing happened?

I tried the orange button again and it seems to have cured it!!

Thank you.

1 Like

Exactly my problem, Henry! I just received 2 StickUp cams and overnight I charged up the batteries. But when I put the battery in one cam and tried to set it up for my driveway, I got a nice view, but then after just 3 minutes I got the message that the battery had drained.

So I put in the other fully charged battery and the same thing happened, again after only 3 minutes of use.

I called the support line and the lady said she would send out new batteries, which will take 2-3 days to arrive. She did acknowledge that a customer had recently had the same problem, but she did not acknowledge my distress, nor did she give me any reassurance that the problem would not happen again with the new batteries.

So here I am with 2 new Ring cams and nothing to show for it. What gives with the batteries?

Why

Hello.

In my case it seems that the battery was charged but the camera could not ‘see’ this.

I pressed the orange button for 20 plus seconds and then installed the camera again asnd it worked!!

Suggest you give it a go.

2 Likes

Thank you for the update @Henryv! Glad to see a reset worked. New devices should certainly work as intended once the battery is charged. @Tomfortas, feel free to let us know if a reset helped you! :slight_smile:

The reset did not work. Batteries were fully charged, then held reset button for 20 seconds on each cam. Neither cam ever loaded an image. After 2 minutes, I took out the batteries, pluged them into the charger and the orange and green lights were on, indicating loss of power.

The replacement batteries have not yet arrived. I’ve been waiting 4 days and I have yet to receive reassurance from anyone that the new batteries will be any better than the old ones.

Did you hold the button until the light started flashing quickly - this tells you you can reset.

Make sure the orange button is pressed down properly as it is a small fiddly thing!

It is the reset function you are looking for and has nothing to do with the battery as such.

Good luck!

It seems odd if you have 2 faulty batteries?

1 Like

Thanks for your assistance @Henryv . I would agree @Tomfortas , that two faulty batteries seems a bit unlikely. When you charge them, how long are you charging the batteries for?

Hi Jennifer,

I resolved the problem over the phone yesterday. I wasn’t clear on pressing the yellow reset button because I don’t recall seeing that step when I first set up the batteries myself.

They are draining normally now. Two days and one is at 63% and the other at 58%. I suppose I will have to recharge after 4-5 days, which is a lot better than what was 4-5 minutes before.

2 Likes

Excellent news.

I got the Solar panel with mine, and so far it is keeping the camera Fully charged each day.

2 Likes