Audio issues

I have two ring doorbells, 1 ring door Pro and a ring doorbell 2, one Spotlight camera and I have recently just bought stick up camera Gen 2. I have a Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus and when I have my Bluetooth on which is connected to my Samsung Galaxy watch when I do a live view I get little to no sound! If I do a playback I get very good sound!! This is a app issue!!

Hey @mikegflash. With Ring Doorbells and Cams, being Wifi enabled devices, it is possible that there was some interference between your mobile phone’s bluetooth and connecting to video in the Ring app. We recommend disabling bluetooth prior to streaming an event, for the best experience and optimal connection. I hope this helps! Smiley Happy

It doesn’t matter if I’m at home or where I’m at it’s not interfering with the cameras it’s something that is not making my phone work correctly when the Bluetooth is on and connected to my watch. It would be a app issue that needs to be resolved!!

@mikegflash wrote:
It doesn’t matter if I’m at home or where I’m at it’s not interfering with the cameras it’s something that is not making my phone work correctly when the Bluetooth is on and connected to my watch. It would be a app issue that needs to be resolved!!

Honestly, Ring, this is a persisting issue on Samsung S9 (plus) devices and makes the RING practically useless. Talking about “interference” with bluetooth is a shame, when RING (and Rapid Ring) are the only apps affected by this.

Even with Bluetooth disabled, I am not sure the volume heard by the person standing in front of my door is high enough to be useful. This issue does not exist on a Samsung S7 Edge (which is the other phone we’re using). It becomes most obvious when both phones are answering the same ring, and only the S7 can be heard on the recording.

It’s NOT a phone issue, this is a problem with the RING app and should be forwarded to the dev team.

1 Like

I think it’s an issue with the operating system. Samsung has many other issues with Ring. But it’s mainly the newer phones.