Another thread about Modes & Motion Snooze Not Working

Hi All - I’ve noticed with my several different types of cameras, neither Motion Snooze nor the related settings in Modes has any effect. I continue to get repeated alerts, and even alerts when there shouldn’t be any (e.g. a stickup cam, indoors, when the alarm is off & configured to not notify). It’s especially irksome when I’m moving around doing something, or have a contractor at my house, to hear the alerts (and Alexa announcements) repeatedly.

I hope no one will suggest that I “reinstall the app”, as I’ve seen the same symptoms across multiple installs of the app on multiple devices, and the behavior is the same. I’m a Ring fan but this is very bothersome to say the least.

I tried to reach Ring support directly but apparently they only accept phone calls for this kind of thing, so I’m trying to use a more modern approach that I can fit in between work responsibilities and other activities.

Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Your post is a couple of years old. No responses. I am having the same problem. Did you ever solve it?

Hi @AbbyKay96. Notifications and motion alerts are not controlled within the Modes setting. You can control whether or not a Doorbell or Camera detects motion based on which Mode it’s in (with an active Ring Protect plan), but Modes do not affect the motion alerts themselves. If you want to silence motion alerts for a set amount of time, you can use the Motion or Global Snooze. Make sure you have the latest version of the Ring app and are not using a VPN on you phone in order for the app to perform properly.

If you are enabling the Motion Snooze but begin to receive motion alerts from that device before the time is up, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here to look into this further. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.