Alerts for motion zones

I have the ring floodlight camera. I have 2 motion zones set up. I would like to have ring record when motion is detected in any of the zones, but only alert me when motion is detected in zone 1. I tried making zone 2 inactive in the motion zone section, but it won’t record any motion in that zone with it inactive. With it active, I get alerts in that zone.
If this isn’t a feature, hopefully it will be soon. I know it would be a very easy feature to add.
Again, I want ring to record and save videos when motion is detected in zone 1 and 2, but only alert me when motion is detected in zone 1.

2 Likes

In the words of Smokey Robinson… I second that eMOTION. (pun intended)

Seriously though - I ended up here, looking for a way to do the same thing. I’ve had various opportunities to help law enforcement/neighbors with potential footage, but was unable to because I don’t record motion on the sidewalk that is in the field of view of my floodlight cam. If I did, I’d receive too many motion alerts due to normal/casual foot traffic. But if I were able to record a zone around my sidewalk, without alert, I would have been able to help out when they came, a knockin!

Ring - please help. Thanks.

2 Likes

Hey neighbors! Thank you so much for your feedback on this opinion and desire for wanting a feature like this. As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. After you create the thread there, feel free to link it in this thread so it redirects neighbors to the right area if they come across this thread instead! :slight_smile:

Chelsea, want to be “accepted as a solution”?
Then actually solve this problem that people have been asking for a long time. It is a VERY simple fix, as is the glass break sensors, but that’s a whole different issue/thread.

I am about ready to just swap to a Google nest cam that has this motion zone feature.