Alarm SOunds from my Floodlight Cams

I have now had to replace two of my $200 plus floodlight cam’s because the siren goes off or there is another high pitched sound that cannot be turned off through any fo thenormal methods provided by Ring. I have shut off the power, reset the device, and reconnected to the Wifi, to no avail. They happened within 2 weeks of each other. While Ring has replaced Free of Charge, was wondering if there is any other who have had this issue?

My first visit here. As usual, every morning, I check camera history/activity. At 2:52 am, this morning, my spotlight cam alerted with lights, but then 10 seconds in, siren went off. For how long I don’t know, but it lasted 20 seconds before the recording stopped. My wifi connection is usually in the poor range, but performance has always been very good without issue. Would like to correct this to ensure not disturbing neighbors. Thanks.

Single battery with solar.

Hey @turbobuick86. The siren can only go off when triggered to be on within the app, so it’s possible a shared user or anyone else with access to the device settings within the app may have accidentally turned it on and then later off. If this happens again without your knowledge and this doesn’t seem to be the case, please contact our support team here.

had same issue floodlight cam has been working great then yesterday the siren is auto triggered some how .

tried reset ,

tried cutting power for ten min turned back on still armed

tried both from owners and shared account to dis arm nothing

while viewing it does not shoed triggered

and you dont hear it in the video recording is this because the spear is the same so no way of telling its active till you go out side or neighbors bang on your door going wtf

SO YES IT CAN GET ACTIVATED SOME HOW WITHOUT HITTING TRIGGER

ITS ONLY 3 MONTHS OLD

VERY UPSETTING BECAUSE HAD TO HAVE A ELECTRICAN HARD WIRE THIS SO I HOPE THIS CAN BE RESOLVED

AND PHONE SUPPORT IS A JOKE

WAS HUNG UP ON AFTER TECH SAID LET ME CHECK SND HANGS UP THEN OTHER TIMES SAYS HE WILL PHONE BACK

AND HEAR I AM SAYING RING GET YOUR SH… TOGETHER

AND STOP HIDING BY THE COVID EXCUSE FOR POOR SERVICE PLEASE

SAME ISSUE JUST RECENTLY

AND IT WASNT ACCIDENTLY TRIGGERED I REPLYED ABOVE IN DETAILS

Just had this happen to my floodlight which is hardwired to our electric system. I mistook it for the siren (which I had never activated). I called Ring support and they did a remote reset. The sound stopped. They had me test the siren. The siren is VERY different. The siren is more of a pulsating sound. The noise coming from the floodlight was a single, piercing tone, not the pulsing siren. Ring support had no idea what it was or what could cause it. She kept saying that they sometimes make a humming sound. This was no hum. I will try to research it more, but all the neighbors thought it was the system siren and came to check. . . . Don’t want this to happen again!

I have three wired floodlights and none will sound the siren noise when I try to use it? I don’t know where else to look for any help trouble shooting it. Can someone help?

Hi @Alwaysteetime. What is the RSSI for these Floodlight Cams? This can be found in the Device Health section of the Ring app. Are you able to hear any audio, such as Two Way Talk or Motion Warning? Where are you activating the Siren from and do you have Modes for Cameras enabled? Thanks, neighbor!