Adding Shared User Issue

I just had a flood light scam and Spot light cam installed 2 days ago. It allowed me to add shared user on day of install but would not the days thereafter. I notice a lot of people with the same issue. The one said they went to Ring.com instead of the app to add user but I do not have that option on ring.com.

Can someone please assist. My issue has been escalated and I was told it would take a week for some one to get back with me. Not sure why it takes so long if this issue has been going on for over a year per my research of complaints.

1 Like

We have the same problem. My husbands phone does not connect when we are away from home. Mine works fine all the time. I am so hoping that this can be fixed! We are really starting to rely on this app.

Hey @VTB. If you do not have the option to go to Ring.com to attempt to add the shared user, I recommend to delete your Ring app from your phone, reboot your phone (turn it off/on) and then reinstall the Ring app. Once reinstalled, please follow these steps to add the shared user:

• Open the Ring app and go to the main menu
  • From the main menu, select Settings and then Users
  • Tap Add User at the bottom

If these steps do not resolve your concern and add the shared user, please follow up with our support team here so they can update you on this.

Hi Chelsea,

I did all that you advised to do the other day multiple times to no avail.

The issue continue to persist.

Among the many other issues like, too many notifications, most of which show absolutely nothing, spotlights on the camers not programing properly as far as time on/time off, your issue with adding a second user’s phone is troubling us.

We tried to add my wife’s phone the same day we installed two floodlight cams and a doorbell cam. Numerous attempts failed.

While these message boards can be helpful, I have yet to see where tech support can be reached by phone. We are not all of the age where this technology came to us as children. It’s very difficult to follow the steps written out on-line because the moment we move to the next page, so to speak, the last page is more or less forgotten. The reason is the jargon. We older folks did not come up in the age of Newspeak, if you get my drift.

Hey neighbors! If you are still having further concerns, you can reach out to our support team anytime by clicking this link here. You can chat with them or grab their number to give them a call!

Thank you for that info. Will certainly give them a call.

1 Like

I have the same issue. One would think that if multiple people are having the same issue that Ring support would provide the solution on their website, rather than waste our time or their support teams time. Before I rant any more though, I’m curious if this was resolved.

Chelsea,

I don’t want to call support to have them go through steps I’ve already tried, such as deleting the app on my phone & ipdad and reinstalling and/or going to the website to look for a non-existant option. Is there someone I can email? Or do you have other better solutions?

I agree. I’m still in the process of installing all of the hardware. That’s the simple part. I want to add my wife’s cell phone. To answer your question, no the issue has not yet been resolved. So far, no one has come forward with an answer, on how to go about adding a “Shared user”.

This is the instructions.
To add someone as a Shared User:

Open the Device Settings page in the Ring App for one of your Ring devices.
Tap Shared Users.
Tap Add User.
Enter the email address of the person you want to add as a Shared User.
Select the devices you want to share with this person.
Tap Send Invite.
Note: Shared Users must have their own separate Ring account to be added as Shared Users.

Where are you having a problem with this?
Also someone asked about a phone number for customer support. I posted it below.
Call Us
US: +1(800) 656-1918 (24/7)
US: +1(888) 981-8993 (Español - 24/7)
INTL: +1(310) 929-7085 (24/7)

That’s all well and good, thank you. However, the instructions say that my wife must have her own ring account in order to be added as a shared user. How does she go about getting her own ring account ?

Unfortunately when I try to add another user and enter the email address the the “Send Invite” remains grayed out. Obviously I’m not the first with this problem. At this point I will just call the support line, unless someone can post a solution that solved this issue. I’m used to reading manuals and finding out the prerequisites to installing hardware and apps. I understand many people don’t take the time to review them and thus companies like Ring, don’t produce them. So… definitely a work in progress. Perhaps this is Agile Development at it’s finest. Deliver something that doesn’t work but over time will get corrected.

Go to this link and click create account.
https://ring.com/users/sign_in
See attached screenshot.

I just tested the add shared user myself.
It worked fine for me. As soon as I entered my email address the continue turned blue for me.
Make sure you type it in completely. Don’t copy and paste or choose it from a drop-down menu. Also, I use a Gmail account. Hope this helps.

Was on a chat room last evening with a Ring Tech. Here’s some info he shared. We went through the process and was successful. However, it was a painful process.

To add someone as a Shared User:

- Open the Device Settings page for one of your Ring devices.

- Tap Shared Users.

- Tap Add User.

- Enter the email address of the person you want to add as a Shared User.

- Select the devices you want to share with this person.

- Tap Send Invite.