cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 of my cameras stopped working at the same time?

Highlighted
New Neighbor

2 of my cameras stopped working at the same time?

I have 6 battery operated security cameras. They have worked flawlessly this passed year.

I think ring did a great job.

Today I check my cameras and 2 showing dead batteries at once. I go to my charging station and get the spares that I rotate so to always have the cameras on. I put fully charged batteries in the cameras showing dead batteries and cannot get either on to power up.

Too much of a coincidence for 2 of my cameras to do thisat the same time.

How can I resolve this ? Did you guys do a software update?

We're my camera's hacked?

Looking for suggestions.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: 2 of my cameras stopped working at the same time?

Hey @Matt23! It sounds like you may be experiencing something similar to neighbors in this Community post.  I recommend checking the battery hatch for any debris and ensuring to close it securely after inserting the battery. If this does not resolve you concern, try resetting the Cams by holding down the setup button for 20 seconds. 

Having this happen on two devices is certainly unusual. Feel free to reach out to our support team for further troubleshooting, if the above steps do not help.

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Thanks for the recommendations. Neither one worked and one of my other camera was flaky today so I’m leaning towards software problem. I will reach out to the support team.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I had the same issue recently occur. Both Spotlight Cam's came in the same 2 pack and after battery's needing a charge I went to put them back in and one will not turn on at all and the other turns on but will not respond properly and will not reconnect to my network.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Similar problem here.  Replaced battery when indicated 3% life left with a fully charged battery and now it will not turn on at all.  On app it still reflects 3% battery life as if I did not replace it. Factory reset doesnt work either. Tried using a third fully charged battery but still no luck. Five other cameras working fine, so far. Any solution??? $200 for a camera to only  work for one year is definitley disappointing.  

/* */