1st Gen Stick up camera not charging

I have a 1st Gen stick up camera that will not hold a charge at all. I normally have it attached to solar but last week it started to lose power and not recharge. I have since taken it down and plugged it in via USB to my wall outlet to charge. It has been on there for over 24 hours and still is at 10%. Sometimes it goes to 11% but it will no higher. Any idea how to fix this?

You might want to try a new battery. If you have more than one battery cam try switching the batteries to test.

1 Like

Hey @drobinson118 ! In addition to what @Brad suggested, try also using another plug outlet, as well as a different USB plug if possible.

If you have the classic Stick Up Cam model with the built in battery, I recommend performing a reset by holding down the setup button for 20 seconds, if the charging concern persists. Once the reset is complete, please setup the Stick Up Cam in the app and continue charging to see if there is an increase in battery percentage.

Feel free to reach out to our support team, at 800-656-1918, if these recommendations did not help to resolve. Let us know how it goes! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is there a replacement battery for the 1st gen stickup cam?

@WYDream There is not a replacement battery for the Stick Up Cam 1st Gen, so if the battery is not longer working, you will need to have the whole device replaced. You can reach out to our support team for further support with this. For that, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

I have a different problem with my 1st generation stick up cam… If I plug it in it charges just fine and it does hold the charge, but if I plug in the solar panel it doesn’t seem to recognize that there is a solar panel and the battery never recharges - it just runs down.

Has my solar panel gone bad??? I can’t seem to find one on the ring site or on amazon to buy a new one if I have to do that.

Help me please

Hi @gmulligan. I would recommend following up with our support team, as we no longer sell the 1st Gen Stick Up Cam or the Solar Panel that is compatible with it. Our support team can still offer support via any applicable troubleshooting steps or replacement processes based on availability and your device’s warranty. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

Remove the camera and put it back in and it should fix it.