1st Gen Stick up Camera not reconnecting or charging

Hi, I lost connectivity with the Stick up and I ended up deleting the device. I charged it for 14 hours and the white link is blinking in charge mode. I ended up holding the reset (orange button) for over 20 seconds hoping to reset and followed the procedure for adding back the device. The problem is it will not go into setup mode (the white light does not blink in setup mode). I also cannot find it on the wifi since it’s not blinking. Any ideas? Is the battery dead and wont charge? Is there a way to replace a first gen stick up battery? Thanks!

Hi @vtang9. Since you’ve already tried to fully charge the battery and perform a reset with no success, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers availablehere. They’ll be able to take a closer look at your device and offer more advanced troubleshooting steps to find a resolution. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19here to see how to contact support. Feel free to report back on what support recommends as it may help other neighbors with a similar concern! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Caitlyn_Ring, I called support and they did nothing for me. I’m out of warranty and the discount was not helpful since I bought another device. I did have it for 5 years but I expect better than 5 years before this breaks down. I was one of the first to get Ring when they first came out and very excited for it. But now I’m not sure… I still have 2 devices but I will rethink next time on another product.

2 Likes