Transfer credit from existing subscription

I’ve recently changed from a first Gen Ring to the 2020 Ring 2, and have been automatically given a free protect trial. I had an annual subscription for my previous device, which does not expire until Jan 27th. How do I replace my old device with my new one, on my current subscription.

I spoke to one of your call takers, who had no clue, and simply told me to call back when my trial period ends.

Hi @Dos1. In this situation, the existing plan would typically need to be canceled and a new plan purchased for the new device, as Ring Protect Basic plans cannot be transferred between devices. If you had paid for the Plus plan, it will simply pick back up after your free trial ends. If you follow up with our support team, they should be able to help you get your plan in order. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.