Does purchasing a Protect Plan automatically lapse my current free trial?

Hi,

Does purchasing a Protect Plan automatically lapse my currenty active free trial? If so, I’ll wait it out until the end of the trial, was just wondering the the new (paid) subscription gets added on to the end of the free trial period.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hey @fixxation. You can purchase a Protect Plan and it will not start until your current trial ends. In addition, you will not see yourself charged until the plan starts. Hope this helps!

I just subscribed to a Protect Plan on my app right after I activated my new device (Ring Video Doorbell 3 plus), but not only was I charged immediately $30 + tax for the annual plan, but my app now says I have a Basic Protect Plan that is not attached to any device that needs to be cancelled!

What did I do wrong, and how do I fix it so subscription is attached to my device and starts when the trial period is over ?

Hi there, @PriscillaSchmidt. Our Community post has some helpful tips for accomplishing this.

When viewing your plans, you should be able to choose which device it is applied to. Please ensure the device being setup as the same location that the Protect Plan is subscribed to. If this does not resolve your concern, our support team will be happy to help further with this.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: