Annual charge for monthly subscription

I just renewed my Ring subscription, after receiving an email stating that my previous card had expired. Because of this, my subscription had expired when checking online. I took the opportunity to switch from an annually charged subscription to a monthly charged.

However, this morning I checked my card statement and it appears I have been charged the annual fee, rather than the monthly fee chosen. Can you please sort this out?

Hi @davemate23. To get this sorted, please contact our support team. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. You can also get in touch with our support team on Facebook @Ring.

I tried, but for whatever ridiculous reason, you’ve removed the option for chat or email so I posted on here instead. I don’t see how you can justify removing chat and email services which allow you to respond to more people than a phone call. I don’t have the time to sit on a phone at the moment. I may just cancel my subscription instead - it seems like the easier option.

1 Like

Hi @davemate23. With safety and wellness in mind, we’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. Whenever time permits, you can contact our support team by using the link in my previous post.

Hi there, @KristinaRing! When you add a new device to your account and get an additional Ring Protect Basic plan, you will be charged a prorated rate for the remaining difference in months between your new product’s inception date and the old product’s billing date (after the 30-day trial ends). This will get both products on the same billing cycle. Once the yearly plan billing date comes around again, both products will be charged for a year. Feel free to check out our help center article about subscription plans for more tips on upgrading or changing plans. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Hi Tom , am trying to take advantage to pay early to benefit of a lower fee (USD39… versus USD49…) but cant manage to make it happen my charge on my account is only 49??can you assist?thanks

Hi @Francoisgs. Unfortunately, there is no way to pre-pay for your Ring Protect Plan. As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature!

thank you Tom , In your webpage it is mentioned if we renew before 11th March 2024 we pay the old rate $39.99 but it is not happening and was told by your operator that I need to cancel my present subscription to beabe to pay old rate , DOESN’T MAKE SENSE ! or please do explain thanks
here is your webpage: " What if my Ring Protect Basic subscription renews before March 11?
If your subscription renews before March 11, 2024, you will be charged the previous price of £3.49 a month or £34.99 a year. "

Ok I will pay the £3.49

Hi @Francoisgs. Ring Protect plans are automatically billed on a monthly or annual basis. Apologies for any confusion, but it’s not a manual renewal. If your billing date is before March 11th 2024, you will be billed at the current rate. After that, you will be billed the new rate at your next billing date, whether that is monthly or annual.

I was told by one of your operator if I want to obtain the USD39 instead of USD49 I should cancel and reapply which honestly does not make sense for an existing customer it is not the right way to thanks them. To increase I do understand the need due to cost rising but you should have a lesser rate increase for already paying customers and slightly higher for new customers. A 25% raise is a big jump to be real honest where the over cost is not major for the company to provide.

If I cancel my subscription, I dont mind to lose previous videos but will that interfere with my system access??

@Francoisgs If you cancel your Ring Protect plan, you will lose access to any saved videos, as well as access to the features listed here: RPP Features – Ring. That web page will show you which features are provided under the Basic and Plus plan, so you can see which features you would lose if you were to cancel your plan. Canceling a Ring Protect plan does not impact your access to your Ring app or Ring account.

Thank you Caitlyn,
I understand we are ll doing business to mak money but let’s be honest , your cost of providing the Prtect plan did not had a major increase in contrary the cost of digital went down and your yearly increase of 25% over for me is not acceptable to an already customer . Am sure you have read all the complaints lately and customers losses for Ring , in fact, myself was planning to recommend your services to neighbours and family but if every year you increase so badly, I cant honestly provide my recommendation to anyone around me in contrary . It is a sad issue as you started very well but your strategy to increase will destroy a what could have been long term products services. thank you

Agreed. I used to recommend Ring to friends, now I actively recommend against looking at Ring as an option.
There are so many alternatives, Doorbells that have SD card slots and no subscription. Cameras that are sub £/$/€100 that come with pan and tilt and solar panels that again come with an SD card slot and some even have free cloud upload.

I’m slowly ditching my Ring Cameras. I have ditched my subscription.