Adding a new property/ Moving Home

Hi,

I have a Protect Plan Plus account at my current Home (property 1).

I am currently renovating my new home, at a new location (property 2).

I want to add a new ring security system and cameras at my new home (property 2) to protect it while it is unattended at times during the renovation. I also still want to keep my Protect Plus Plan and devices active at my current home (property 1). I understand this will require a new Protect Plus Subscription, but I would like to administer and view the devices at both properties under the one ring account and App.

Once the renovation at my new home (property 2) is complete, I will be moving home and all my devices will be combined at the one new property (property 2). At this point I will want to combine all devices under one Protect Plus Plan.

Please advise how to achieve this? Thanks.

Hey @GadgetBen. During the times where you will have Ring devices on two locations, you will want a Protect Plus Plan on both locations, as it sounds like both locations will have the Alarm System. Once you set up the devices at your new location and home, you will be prompted to select the location to put them on, which is where you will create a new one for your new home. After this new location is made, you can subscribe to a Protect Plus Plan, and manage it all under the Ring app, toggling in between your two locations from within the Locations menu above Dashboard (click on your current Location name above Dashboard to see which locations you can toggle between).

Once you are ready to move it all to the new location, you will remove the devices from the old location, and then delete the old location and cancel that Protect Plan. From there, set up the other devices back onto your new location and you’ll then have the one location and one plan! You can reach out to our support team at any time if you need help setting this up in the app or subscribing to a plan. Please read our response to COVID-19 hereto see how to contact support. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times.

1 Like

please do not auto renue ring services

i do not want ring at an additional location. CANCEL Services-moving residence

Do not auto renew contract on 9/17/20

Hey there, @pbolog. Visit our help center article for step by step instructions on how to cancel your Protect Plan subscription. If you are needing further assistance with your subscriptions, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: