Yale Assure Lock Touchscreen Keypad with Z-Wave (YRD226ZW2619)

Hi

Some Ring Alarm / Yale smartlock newbie advice

I couldn’t get my Yale 256 Z-Wave smart lock to pair with Ring. I’m new to Ring Alarm, Z-Wave and smart locks in general, but definitely a tech nerd.

I had setup the alarm base station and keypad and successfully added it to my account. I also installed a new Yale Assure Lock SL YRD-256-ZW2-0BP. Box says BL v1.2.0, FW v2.7.00c. Network module is inserted, batteries installed, master code set.

I tried to add it via the Ring app Setup Device -> Locks -> Connect via Ring Alarm -> 256 Assure KeyFree Touchscreen Deadbolt.I hit READY.

At this point the Ring app tells me to tap Add and enter the master code on the lock followed by #-7-#-1-#. **Problem is there is no “#” on the smartlock keypad, so at first I had no idea how to enter that. ** As soon as you hit Add it starts the search, which of course fails with a Device not found error.

**Turns out the 7 and 1 are Network Module menu selections on the smart lock itself!! **

7= Network Module Setting

1=Join the Network

**Just replace # with Gear and you’re all set. **

For the old school nerds like me, the Gear is positioned where the phone dialpad # would normally be, so I suppose Ring used # because the instructions were in text. Why Ring doesn’t insert a graphic with a “Gear” in their instructions though… Please update the Ring App instructions to include a gear symbol instead of #.

1 Like