Works with Ring Compatible Devices - UK (EU)?

Theres a Ring webpage for America listing z-wave devices that are compatible with the American version of the Ring Alarm,

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360026250452-Works-With-Ring-Compatible-Devices

I can’t find any equivalent page for z-wave devices in the UK (or EU). I appreciate the American z-wave devices don’t work in Europe (different frequency).

Are there any compatible devices for the UK Ring Alarm ? Is this being worked on ?

1 Like

I asked the same question but no answers. I have been able to pair the Ring security hub with the Yale Conexis L1 lock. It does require the separate Yale Z-wave module. It allows me to lock and unlock from the main screen, which is way easier than using the Yale app. I was hoping maybe for arm and disarm of the alarm with locking the door, but maybe that will be a future software enhancment.

Hey neighbors! At this time we do not have any additional devices that are supported with the UK specific Ring Alarm kit. The only devices supported with the UK version of the Ring Alarm is the EU version of the contact sensor, the motion sensor, the keypad and the range extender. We are working diligently to be able to provide more products for this system. Although we just released it a couple months ago, we will keep our neighbors posted when we are able to introduce more devices that work with the UK Ring Alarm.

2 Likes

Hi I have recently installed the ring alarm but have had the Yale Conexis lock for some time and was wondering how to connect the 2 I have the Z wave module installed and currently have the lock set up to work with Alexa and the Smartthings hub. Would like to know how you connected it to ring. Can’t find anything on the web regarding this. Thanks.

Hey @MR89! At this time, any devices other than the ones listed on here will not be able to work with the UK Ring Alarm system. Look out for future devices that we allow to be linked to the UK Alarm system!

Adding the Yale lock to the Ring app is very simular to adding to the Smartthings hub, but I think I remember that you can’t have two hubs connected to the lock, so you might have to remove the Smarthings link first.

When I go to Devices/Alarm Base Station and click on the +, then click on Security Devices, I have a Works With Ring option. I pressed the button on the lock (the one you use to add key fobs) three times, and then clicked on the Works With Ring/ADD, and it immediately found the lock and configured it in the app. I’m attaching a screen shot.

I think I installed the Ring app from US store (I live in the US and UK), so maybe the UK version doesn’t include the Works With Ring option?

1 Like

Thank you very much I disconnected from smartthings and it worked just as you said however it was asking for a 5 digit pin when connecting to the ring app. I tried the codes I may have used when setting up the Yale lock originally but didn’t work. It said the code is written next to a QR code on the lock but I couldn’t find anything. I disconnected the lock from the door to reset it but now have a constant alarm ringing from the door handle. I’ve left it disconnected for now and will give it a go again tomorrow and hopefully should be able to use a default 5 digit code if one is still required. Thanks very much for your help so far.

I figured it all out all sorted now got it set up and figured out where the code was, it wasn’t actually on the lock it was on the Z wave module. Once again thank you for your help.

1 Like

Sorry, I forgot to include the code part in the instructions. For anyone else, it’s on the Z-Wave module, the first 5 characters of the ID, which are underlined. You will get prompted by the Ring app after it finds the lock, to enter the code.

So how come the Ring team don’t even know what is compatible with UK systems and end users do? whats up with that? Might need to do their own research before commenting as clearly thats two people on here that have the Yale door lock working, so what else works that Ring have no clue about?

Hey @Meatius. Just wanted to help clear the air on your concern! Since the Ring Alarm Base Station unit is new for the UK, there are only so many devices that we have UK certified and approved to be attached to and working with the Ring Alarm. You can find devices that work with the Ring Alarm in the UK listed here. Additional devices to be added and approved are always being worked on so we can make the experience for all of our neighbors universal.

Since the Base Station does run on a Z-Wave frequency, you may be able to find Z-Wave devices that will connect to the Base Station. The only downside to adding a device that is not certified officially to work with the Ring Alarm is that our support agents will have little to no troubleshooting available, and even the device’s functionality in the app can be limited.

Therefore, we do not encourage our neighbors to add devices that are not certified and approved to work, but it is of course up to the neighbor’s discretion. In the end, we want our neighbors to do what is best for themselves and their homes to help them feel safe and secure. I hope this helps clear this up for you. :slight_smile:

Hi,

I need some expert advice here.

I currently own a Yale Conexis L1 door lock and recently bought a z-wave module 2 to make it work with my Ring Base alarm kit and also controlled via Alexa

Unfortunately, Ring is unable to detect the z-wave module as it keeps on listening and does not find any device. I have now removed the z-wave module from the lock and wanted to start from step 1

May I request someone to provide with some steps which made it work for a successful integration please?

Hi,

Please make sure you do not have it connected to Alexa, you need to remove it from there or any other hub that you have it connected to and then try the pairing process install the z wave module and press the button on the inside of the door handle 3 times very quickly while searching for a new Z wave device on your ring app and it should appear. Also once it has been discovered you will be asked for a code. The code should be some numbers written on the Z wave module itself, the numbers you need to enter are the ones which are underlined.

1 Like

Thank you for your quick advice, much appreciated.

I will try the suggested steps though I can confirm the lock is not connected to any hub at the moment. Now that I have removed the z-wave module from the lock and going to insert, do I need to go through any inclusion/exclusion process or good to start as fresh straight away?

I’m not too sure, I think if you start fresh from where you left it should be fine as I didn’t need to reset the module or anything when I switched over from the smart things hub to the ring alarm basestation. Also before started remove the device from your amazon alexa devices just to be on the safe side. Once you have added the lock successfully in the ring app you can go back to the alexa app and if you click discover it will find the lock automatically but as a ring device which will still allow you to lock and unlock via the alexa app and voice control however you will have to say “alexa ask ring to unlock/lock the door”. I would also recommend from the settings in the alexa app you set a voice code for unlocking the door. If not anyone can open your letter box and shout through to Alexa to open the door.

Thank you, appreciate that. I thought Yale doesnt allow unlocking door via Alexa app but only locking the door. But I will double check that and set a code if required

Your welcome, any issues feel free to give me a shout, happy to talk you through it. Just tested it on my Echo and lock and unlock both seem to work, just that unlock requires a voice code.

Argh! need to be careful then :slight_smile:

Unfortunately my attempt failed again :frowning: Device not found in Ring App after reinserting the z-wave module (removing batteries and putting back on) and trying to add works with ring option

Just to mention, the lock is still configured to the Yale smart living app in my iPhone, do I need to remove and reset? if yes, I will lose the key credits I purchased

I can’t say for sure but that could possibly be the issue. You won’t need the key credits or the Yale app once you have it set up, as from within the Ring app you can give guests access or unlock the door for the person after seeing and speaking to them from your ring doorbell. Try removing from the Yale app and then trying.