cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Works with Ring Compatible Devices - UK (EU) ?

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Works with Ring Compatible Devices - UK (EU) ?

I don't think you need to remove/reset the Yale app. I had it configured before I added it to Ring. Adding the device is tricky with the timing. Here's an article for SmartThings, is the same except the software on your phone:

https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-gb/articles/205138400-How-to-connect-Yale-locks

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Thanks. Not sure if that article covers l1 Conexis locks?

I found another article, but I believe these steps were followed anyway

http://manuals-backend.z-wave.info/make.php?lang=en&sku=SD-L1000-CH&cert=ZC10-17085747

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Thank you so much for all your quick responses and assistance. The smartthing setup video was straight forward as it has Yale option right there which isnt the case for ring app which doesnt have Yale conexis in the drop down. we have to use works with ring add option which unfortunately doesnt detect mine Smiley Sad

After spending 1-2 days on it, I kinda believe it might work with my lock and decide to return the z-wave module. Thanks all once again.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey neighbors! Just wanted to clear things up for you. The list of compatible Works With Rings devices that we have (smartlocks for example) is going to be for the NA Ring Alarm System. We do not have a list of UK Ring Alarm Works With Ring devices at this time, as the UK Ring Alarm is still fairly new and we have a limited amount of devices that work with it. Thank you for helping each other out with this, just wanted to make sure you were aware of this! Smiley Happy 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

There you go! That’s explains why Smiley Happy so no point buying that z-wave now if there isn’t anything in the roadmap for U.K. the !
Highlighted
New Neighbor

This is strange, I'm certain mine is a UK model as it has a 3 pin plug, and I've got a Z wave module installed in my Conexis L1 lock and have managed to set it up to work the ring alarm base station just fine. Unless they've removed something from the software to prevent this since I installed mine I can't understand what's going wrong. Sanjeev any chance you can shoot me an email and we can chat maybe I can talk you through it. Mueenr89@gmail.com
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I really doubt there is any difference in the Ring software from the US and the UK, other than language specific included resources. The z-wave frequency is different in the US and the UK (so I've read, have not proven), so make sure the Ring base station was purchased in the UK.

Also, the Ring alarm costs almost twice as much in the UK compared with the US. Really supprised with the price gouging they can't afford to spend resources on approving 'works with Ring' devices in the UK.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I've just done this with my new Ring Alarm, quick question mine says the battery is drained, although when I check in the Yale app it's says full batteries (and they should be I just put them in the same time as the z wave module 2)... Does yours say the same?

Much easier the integration via the Ring app, but like you, a shame it isnt linked to disarming the alarm.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

It's been almost 2 months, so my memory is fading a bit, but I do think I saw something simular with Ring having dead batteries and the Yale app having 100%. Right now I have 100% for both, which is pretty good for daily use for 2 months. I think I might have removed and replaced the batteries, or maybe just give it some time to sync, it will work.