cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Works with Ring Compatible Devices - UK (EU) ?

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Works with Ring Compatible Devices - UK (EU) ?

Ring support kindly sent me replacement U.K. devices and I could successfully make it work with my yale central lock. Thanks all for your valuable inputs and support.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Cool thanks, have managed to fix mine by removing the device from the alarm, rebooting the alarm and then re-adding it. Now the battery status correctly reflects new batteries, fingers crossed it updates over time and that it doesnt kill the batteries (which when I last tried using ST Hub and the old Z Wave module, I found batteries lasted 4 weeks at best!)... 

Highlighted
New Neighbor

@MR89 can you describe step by step how you did this in the U.K. before I go and purchase the Z wave module for my lock ?
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Its been 8 month since the alarm was released in the UK - has anyone found a 3rd party z-wave siren that works properly with the Ring Alarm ?

I've seen some that can be added but only appear as a manual on-off like a light switch in the Ring Alarm - it could not be associated with the alarm state (e.g. go off when the main alarm goes off).

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Has any who has the conexis linked used the homebridge plugin to connect the alarm and lock to the home app? I was wondering if the home app would see the lock or not ?
Highlighted
New Neighbor

For battery life I got about 6 months with the batteries provided. Replaced with Duracell Plus, so that should last longer. Unfortunately, I ran into the same problem of Ring indicating the batteries are dead after replacement, so I removed and added the lock back to Ring. It works correctly now, but it looks like this is a limitation (problem) with the integration, and that it will have to done for every battery replacement. So maybe this is something to fix before we can have it as a official 'Works with Ring' device?