Works with Ring Compatible Devices - UK (EU)?

This is strange, I’m certain mine is a UK model as it has a 3 pin plug, and I’ve got a Z wave module installed in my Conexis L1 lock and have managed to set it up to work the ring alarm base station just fine. Unless they’ve removed something from the software to prevent this since I installed mine I can’t understand what’s going wrong. Sanjeev any chance you can shoot me an email and we can chat maybe I can talk you through it.

I really doubt there is any difference in the Ring software from the US and the UK, other than language specific included resources. The z-wave frequency is different in the US and the UK (so I’ve read, have not proven), so make sure the Ring base station was purchased in the UK.

Also, the Ring alarm costs almost twice as much in the UK compared with the US. Really supprised with the price gouging they can’t afford to spend resources on approving ‘works with Ring’ devices in the UK.

1 Like

I’ve just done this with my new Ring Alarm, quick question mine says the battery is drained, although when I check in the Yale app it’s says full batteries (and they should be I just put them in the same time as the z wave module 2)… Does yours say the same?

Much easier the integration via the Ring app, but like you, a shame it isnt linked to disarming the alarm.

It’s been almost 2 months, so my memory is fading a bit, but I do think I saw something simular with Ring having dead batteries and the Yale app having 100%. Right now I have 100% for both, which is pretty good for daily use for 2 months. I think I might have removed and replaced the batteries, or maybe just give it some time to sync, it will work.

Ring support kindly sent me replacement U.K. devices and I could successfully make it work with my yale central lock. Thanks all for your valuable inputs and support.

Cool thanks, have managed to fix mine by removing the device from the alarm, rebooting the alarm and then re-adding it. Now the battery status correctly reflects new batteries, fingers crossed it updates over time and that it doesnt kill the batteries (which when I last tried using ST Hub and the old Z Wave module, I found batteries lasted 4 weeks at best!)…

1 Like

@MR89 can you describe step by step how you did this in the U.K. before I go and purchase the Z wave module for my lock ?

Its been 8 month since the alarm was released in the UK - has anyone found a 3rd party z-wave siren that works properly with the Ring Alarm ?

I’ve seen some that can be added but only appear as a manual on-off like a light switch in the Ring Alarm - it could not be associated with the alarm state (e.g. go off when the main alarm goes off).

Has any who has the conexis linked used the homebridge plugin to connect the alarm and lock to the home app? I was wondering if the home app would see the lock or not ?

For battery life I got about 6 months with the batteries provided. Replaced with Duracell Plus, so that should last longer. Unfortunately, I ran into the same problem of Ring indicating the batteries are dead after replacement, so I removed and added the lock back to Ring. It works correctly now, but it looks like this is a limitation (problem) with the integration, and that it will have to done for every battery replacement. So maybe this is something to fix before we can have it as a official ‘Works with Ring’ device?

I have managed to integrate the Conexis L1 Yale lock with the ring alarm however something that hasn’t been noted here (apologies if it has and I’ve missed it) is in fact you can’t really remotely lock the lock without the handle being in an ‘up state’ for example if you enter your property you have to pull the handle down obviously, if you then attempt to lock the lock remotely the lock attempts it however you can here the mechanism within the lock trying to lock it but you have to physically list the handle for it to lock, you can lock the lock remotely but upon entering the property you then have to lift the handle to lock the lock once done you’ll then be able to remotely unlock/lock until you pull the handle down, I contacted Yale support about this and they confirmed that to remotely lock you have to be using one of their cylinder smart locks not a multi point lock which is what the Conexis L1 is, this is clear mis-advertising on Yale’s part, the remote unlocking is a nice feature to have but when you spend £50 on something you think is going to give you the ability to remotely unlock/lock it does leave a sour taste. I’m waiting to here back from the company I purchased from regarding a potential partial refund on the module as it actually only does half the job it’s advertised to do just bare that in mind if your purchasing the module to have the remote locking feature for the Conexis L1

1 Like

@Dougy there is no 3rd party siren at present however if you have an outdoor ring camera with a siren you can now have the siren on the camera activate when the base station siren is activated

1 Like

Hi. I don’t suppose you know of when you unlock the door the alarm can auto disarm?

Hi Chelsea,
As it’s been nearly 20 months since you wrote this, could you please update us on the progress for additional UK compatible sensors and sirens?
I see there are now monitored smoke sensors in USA, why are we so far behind?

Hi @TonyV. Happy to chime in for Chelsea. While there has been a few new releases for the UK (EU) Ring Alarm security system, we do not have any new information regarding Smoke Sensors for your region. I will be sure to share your feedback with the appropriate team. Thanks, neighbor!

1 Like

Nearly 2 years since you responded @Chelsea_Ring . When will Ring actually start supporting the UK ?

1 Like

I have found various products that show they have integrations with Ring, like this:

But no mention of it on the Ring EU website at all.

Your instructions worked perfectly. The “3 times very quickly” was the clincher. However, the Ring app refused to scan the QR code on my Z-Wave module (I think they printed the sticker badly and chopped off part of the code) but it found the module once the Conexis lock had been put into this pairing mode. Then had to type the 5-digit underlined PIN code from the Z-Wave module’s sticker into the Ring app. Can now lock/unlock/read status of my lock from the Ring app.

1 Like

Hi Chelsea & Tom,
It’s now 4 years since you told us this was ‘a newly released UK product’ and you were working on additional devices .

I feel I was misled into thinking Ring would actually support the UK market.
Smoke sensors, flood sensors, internal sirens, ? Where are the UK devices 4 years later?

Is there a ‘beta’ group I can join , or can you add me?

I feel UK customers deserve to know if Ring are actually developing these devices, or if we need to look elsewhere

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.