Works with Ring Compatible Devices - UK (EU)?

Just to mention, the lock is still configured to the Yale smart living app in my iPhone, do I need to remove and reset? if yes, I will lose the key credits I purchased

I canā€™t say for sure but that could possibly be the issue. You wonā€™t need the key credits or the Yale app once you have it set up, as from within the Ring app you can give guests access or unlock the door for the person after seeing and speaking to them from your ring doorbell. Try removing from the Yale app and then trying.

I donā€™t think you need to remove/reset the Yale app. I had it configured before I added it to Ring. Adding the device is tricky with the timing. Hereā€™s an article for SmartThings, is the same except the software on your phone:

https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-gb/articles/205138400-How-to-connect-Yale-locks

Thanks. Not sure if that article covers l1 Conexis locks?

I found another article, but I believe these steps were followed anyway

http://manuals-backend.z-wave.info/make.php?lang=en&sku=SD-L1000-CH&cert=ZC10-17085747

Hereā€™s a YouTube video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=mAsN_0W1fe0

Thank you so much for all your quick responses and assistance. The smartthing setup video was straight forward as it has Yale option right there which isnt the case for ring app which doesnt have Yale conexis in the drop down. we have to use works with ring add option which unfortunately doesnt detect mine :frowning:

After spending 1-2 days on it, I kinda believe it might work with my lock and decide to return the z-wave module. Thanks all once again.

Hey neighbors! Just wanted to clear things up for you. The list of compatible Works With Rings devices that we have (smartlocks for example) is going to be for the NA Ring Alarm System. We do not have a list of UK Ring Alarm Works With Ring devices at this time, as the UK Ring Alarm is still fairly new and we have a limited amount of devices that work with it. Thank you for helping each other out with this, just wanted to make sure you were aware of this! :slight_smile:

1 Like

There you go! Thatā€™s explains why :slight_smile: so no point buying that z-wave now if there isnā€™t anything in the roadmap for U.K. the !

This is strange, Iā€™m certain mine is a UK model as it has a 3 pin plug, and Iā€™ve got a Z wave module installed in my Conexis L1 lock and have managed to set it up to work the ring alarm base station just fine. Unless theyā€™ve removed something from the software to prevent this since I installed mine I canā€™t understand whatā€™s going wrong. Sanjeev any chance you can shoot me an email and we can chat maybe I can talk you through it.

I really doubt there is any difference in the Ring software from the US and the UK, other than language specific included resources. The z-wave frequency is different in the US and the UK (so Iā€™ve read, have not proven), so make sure the Ring base station was purchased in the UK.

Also, the Ring alarm costs almost twice as much in the UK compared with the US. Really supprised with the price gouging they canā€™t afford to spend resources on approving ā€˜works with Ringā€™ devices in the UK.

1 Like

Iā€™ve just done this with my new Ring Alarm, quick question mine says the battery is drained, although when I check in the Yale app itā€™s says full batteries (and they should be I just put them in the same time as the z wave module 2)ā€¦ Does yours say the same?

Much easier the integration via the Ring app, but like you, a shame it isnt linked to disarming the alarm.

Itā€™s been almost 2 months, so my memory is fading a bit, but I do think I saw something simular with Ring having dead batteries and the Yale app having 100%. Right now I have 100% for both, which is pretty good for daily use for 2 months. I think I might have removed and replaced the batteries, or maybe just give it some time to sync, it will work.

Ring support kindly sent me replacement U.K. devices and I could successfully make it work with my yale central lock. Thanks all for your valuable inputs and support.

Cool thanks, have managed to fix mine by removing the device from the alarm, rebooting the alarm and then re-adding it. Now the battery status correctly reflects new batteries, fingers crossed it updates over time and that it doesnt kill the batteries (which when I last tried using ST Hub and the old Z Wave module, I found batteries lasted 4 weeks at best!)ā€¦

1 Like

@MR89 can you describe step by step how you did this in the U.K. before I go and purchase the Z wave module for my lock ?

Its been 8 month since the alarm was released in the UK - has anyone found a 3rd party z-wave siren that works properly with the Ring Alarm ?

Iā€™ve seen some that can be added but only appear as a manual on-off like a light switch in the Ring Alarm - it could not be associated with the alarm state (e.g. go off when the main alarm goes off).

Has any who has the conexis linked used the homebridge plugin to connect the alarm and lock to the home app? I was wondering if the home app would see the lock or not ?

For battery life I got about 6 months with the batteries provided. Replaced with Duracell Plus, so that should last longer. Unfortunately, I ran into the same problem of Ring indicating the batteries are dead after replacement, so I removed and added the lock back to Ring. It works correctly now, but it looks like this is a limitation (problem) with the integration, and that it will have to done for every battery replacement. So maybe this is something to fix before we can have it as a official ā€˜Works with Ringā€™ device?

I have managed to integrate the Conexis L1 Yale lock with the ring alarm however something that hasnā€™t been noted here (apologies if it has and Iā€™ve missed it) is in fact you canā€™t really remotely lock the lock without the handle being in an ā€˜up stateā€™ for example if you enter your property you have to pull the handle down obviously, if you then attempt to lock the lock remotely the lock attempts it however you can here the mechanism within the lock trying to lock it but you have to physically list the handle for it to lock, you can lock the lock remotely but upon entering the property you then have to lift the handle to lock the lock once done youā€™ll then be able to remotely unlock/lock until you pull the handle down, I contacted Yale support about this and they confirmed that to remotely lock you have to be using one of their cylinder smart locks not a multi point lock which is what the Conexis L1 is, this is clear mis-advertising on Yaleā€™s part, the remote unlocking is a nice feature to have but when you spend Ā£50 on something you think is going to give you the ability to remotely unlock/lock it does leave a sour taste. Iā€™m waiting to here back from the company I purchased from regarding a potential partial refund on the module as it actually only does half the job itā€™s advertised to do just bare that in mind if your purchasing the module to have the remote locking feature for the Conexis L1

1 Like

@Dougy there is no 3rd party siren at present however if you have an outdoor ring camera with a siren you can now have the siren on the camera activate when the base station siren is activated

1 Like