Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thermostats that work with Ring

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Thermostats that work with Ring

I have a wifi thermostat that worked on a previous system. Is it possible to intergrate this to the Ring? If not, is there any that work with Ring?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Thermostats that work with Ring

Hey @invmanZ-Wave is the communication protocol that the Ring Alarm devices use to speak to one another, so we have to make sure it can integrate with our App and the system first. You can learn more about Z-Wave here. There are various Z-Wave devices that can be added to the Ring app through the Ring Alarm system, and we label them as Works With Ring devices. At this time, the thermostat is not apart of our list, but we are working diligently to bring more products to be available for our neighbors!  

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey @invman! At this time, we do not have a Ring branded or third party thermostat that works with our Ring App and system, but please keep yourself updated in our announcements page if we do. I will pass up your idea to our team so we can see if we can get this in the works for you!

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

If it works wiith Z wave technology, wouldn't it work with ring? Is it that your app does not support it? Thank you for the response. jim

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey @invmanZ-Wave is the communication protocol that the Ring Alarm devices use to speak to one another, so we have to make sure it can integrate with our App and the system first. You can learn more about Z-Wave here. There are various Z-Wave devices that can be added to the Ring app through the Ring Alarm system, and we label them as Works With Ring devices. At this time, the thermostat is not apart of our list, but we are working diligently to bring more products to be available for our neighbors!  

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I didn't do enough research on ring prior to purchase, but it appears that adding new features is a slow process (battery light on base unit - why wouldn't you have a way to dim or disable it - pretty irritating)   and now I find out that a z-wave system doesn't integrate with z-wave thermostats - shouldn't that be a basic function???? Please get it done quickly - before you fall  behind everyone else....

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I too complained about the same thing. I have three thermostats that operate on Z Wave and don't want to buy nest or other.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Think the ring team will respond? Here’s the challenge “Ring Team” ... get an affordable z-wave thermostat working with your z-wave hub by the end of January 2020.... I think you can do it if you try....let us know if you’re going to do it...
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I have an older RadioThermostat (Z-Wave) that I used with the Iris system. I have it connected to my Ring, and I can see it, change the Heat / Cool / Auto and change the temperature settings via the app ... however, cannot do any kind of schedule - as I like to lower the temp at night. But, it does "work" to some extent.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Thanks for the info - would be nice if the Ring Team responds - but crickets so far...😬
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I can't find out how to add anything to my Ring system other than what Ring wants you to add to their system.  I have 2 Radio Thermostat CT30s that I would like to add to my Ring system.  How did you add yours?