cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartthings

Anonymous
Not applicable

Smartthings

Looking to have some alarm integration with Smartthings. Simple things like, if smoke/co alarm, turn on lights, unlock doors. Or if intrusion alarm, turn on lights etc.

8 REPLIES 8
Community Manager

Re: Smartthings

Hey @Anonymous, this is a great idea to keep your ‘Ring of security’ robust and automated! What you are looking to obtain is going to be best accomplished with tools like IFTTT, recipe based plugins, or even 3rd party apps.

We are working to bring as many integration and automation features as possible in the future, but for now specific rules can be implemented through various external methods.

Keep an eye on this thread in hopes that neighbors out there who have succeeded in this functionality might respond with some helpful tips!

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
New Neighbor

I would love to see more intergration with Ring Alarm inside SmartThings. I know this a tough area to expand as my guess Ring does want anything open for errors and false alarms which makes perfect sense but it would be great to have some control over some features. 

Community Manager

Let me talk to my team and see whats on the roadmap Smiley Happy 

Got a question? The Community is full of answers! Use our Search bar at the top for quick results.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have done some external integrations but would like an offical one.

Some simple things I did with my old system:

Fire alarm will turn on lights, turn off smart plugs (for instance, the one tied into my pellet stove), and unlock the doors.

Intrustion alarm: Turn on lights and/or flash lights

Community Manager

@Anonymous  good feedback! We'll pass this along to the team and update you with more information when it comes.

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
New Neighbor

Is Ring integration with SmartThings now dead?  Cannot find any recent information about it.

Community Moderator

Hi @EvanesqRing is currently exploring integration opportunities with a number of partners based on what will best empower our neighbors with affordable, effective ways to monitor their homes. Going forward, we will announce these partnerships as soon as they are ready.  

Keep us posted neighbors on what integrations you're most interested in! 

New Neighbor

The partnership with SmartThings that Ring and Samsung advertised all over the internet as a feature was what empowered me with an affordable and effective way to monitor the 4 devices I own but now cannot utilize effectively because someone changed their mind and quietly took the option away from me. Now, I have Alexa which only discovers 3 of those 4 devices. Thanks!