Setup Alexa to Arm Ring to Home Mode in a routine

Currently Alex can arm with guard to away only. I like to be able to set my alarm at night by my Alexa as I tend to forget to set the alarm at night. But I don’t want to set the alarm to away as we have motion sensors so my kids are not setting off the alarm to go to the bathroom or get a drink of water. Is there a way to set the guard to set the alarm to the HOME mode without telling it to

1 Like

Thank you for this feedback @Nicks525! At this time Alexa can only be used in away mode, as described in our help center article.

As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. :slight_smile:

I take it this has been amended now as my system is the opposite of this issue. When I say “Alexa, arm ring” it arms the system in “stay/home” mode, which is exactly what I want when going to bed. Can Alexa be instructed to set in Away mode as well?

Hi @GordyUK. When using an Alexa device, you can only use voice commands to Disarm and set to Home Mode for the Ring Alarm system. You can set your Alexa Guard to Away mode, but doing this does not change the status of your Ring Alarm. I hope this information helps!