Ring security system can only see one of my two Schlage Encode wife locks

I have two Schlage Encode wifi locks. The Amazon Key and the Schlage app can see and manage both locks. The Ring app can add only one lock. When I attempt to add the second lock it says I already have a lock setup in the Ring app. Can I have only one wifi lock in the Ring App?

3 Likes

Can you please confirm the model of the lock? Are you trying to use this with Amazon Key? If so, then only one Key Amazon Smart Lock Kit is supported per residencce. Let me know if either of these articles also help.

Key by Amazon / Works with Ring

Key by Amazon

I added a second identical Schlage back door lock to go with the back door video doorbell. I can see new lock in Key by Amazon but not in ring. Only the first front door lock shows up and is associated with the front video doorbell.

How do I refresh so that Ring can see both door locks? Do I need to unlink and relink ring with Key by Amazon? I already tried disabling and re-enabling Ring skill in Alexa. Also tried logging in and out of Ring and Key by Amazon. Based on documentation below, ring should be able to support multiple/all locks.

Front and Back door video doorbell model: Ring Video Doorbell Pro

Schlage Deadbolt Lock Model: BE489WB

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360027029411-Works-With-Ring-Key-by-Amazon

I’m an existing Key customer. Will my locks work with this feature?

Yes, you can link any/all of your existing Key-compatible smart locks with your Ring device via the Ring app.

1 Like

I have two Schlage Deadbolt Lock Model: BE489WB and use the Key app. I can only add one of the locks into the ring app. When attempting to add the second lock the you get the following error: You have already set up a lock. You already have a lock connected with the Ring app.

3 Likes

I’m having the same issue. I have 3 doors at my residence that I want to access and I have 3 Schlage Encode WiFi locks, all connect to Amazon Key, but ring will only pick up one lock. How can I get my ring app to to connect to all 3? I have 3 doorbells, one at each door I have a lock.

2 Likes

Did anybody ever find a solution to this problem? Same issue for me… multiple Schlage locks all set up and working correctly but only one shows up in the ring app.

1 Like

I can not even get to that point, I have two Schlage Encode Smart WiFi Deadbolt and Amazon key will onlyallow one two be set up. Any ideas what i could be doing wrong? Thanks,

Hey neighbors! Just wanted to chime in to help clear up any confusion. For the lock that we offer for Key by Amazon, the Schlage Encode Smart WiFi Deadbolt with Camelot Trim is the only device that can be setup via wifi and through the Ring app. This will allow you to look at your Ring devices and unlock your lock for deliveries, all in one app!

Amazon has a restriction on these locks for Key by Amazon, that states: “Only one Key by Amazon Smart Lock Kit is supported for delivery at a residence. If you have multiple residences, you can have one kit set up for delivery at each residence.” We’ve made sure to outline this in our Ring Help Center Article about the Key by Amazon system here. Therefore, you will only be able to set up one Key by Amazon lock by location in the Ring app. You will only be allowed to have one lock at this location and be accessible through the Ring app.

If you wish to have more than one smart lock in your home, I recommend to get our Ring Alarm Home Security System, which allows you to set up as many z-wave compatible locks are you would like on your system. Please note that the Z-Wave locks are set up through the Base Station in the Ring Alarm system, and you cannot have Key by Amazon services through the Z-Wave locks!

2 Likes

this is really helpful thank you. I will return this one and purchase one of the others. This was not clear on the product site.

2 Likes

@mikerein - thanks for the feedback. We’ll see what we can do to get the product pages updated :slight_smile:

Hello Chelsea. I don’t think the policy you’ve quoted is a proper explanation for why this feature isn’t supported. The policy restricts how many Key By Amazon locks can be made eligible for *delivery*.

Here’s the scenario:
— I have two smart locks.
— I have registered both locks through Key By Amazon.
— I have linked my Key By Amazon account to my Ring account.
— Ring is only “finding” one smart lock.

None of that involves delivery. This is a missing feature, not a policy decision.

I suspect the root-cause is that Ring is using Key By Amazon’s “delivery” API to lock and unlock the door — an API that wasn’t designed to control multiple doors, probably because of that policy. The solution is to upgrade the Key By Amazon delivery API so that it supports both transactional third-party delivery events AND customer-initiated home security events. Since you all work for Amazon, I know you’ll be able to make it happen. ?

1 Like

Hry, I full agree with this! I’m wanting to purchase a schlage encode (my house came with a schlage sense that sucks) but i still have my kwikset convert in trying to keep on another door. So this should be added as a feature! I don’t want delivery at every lock, but I want the smart features and the security features that some of thr other locks lack

I only have one Schlage Encode lock, but it is not listed in my devices all of the sudden. I keep trying to add it back in and get the message “You have already connected a Key by Amazon lock.” It thinks my lock is still there, but it is not in the ring app anywhere.

Hi @Wdwobsessed. I would check to see if it is showing up in your Key by Amazon app. If it is, try to unlink it, then reconnect it on the Ring app. If this doesn’t work, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Hello All,

I have the same issue. I called Ring support and was told only one lock is support on my Ring account. This sucks because the only reason I purchased 2 Wi-Fi locks was to have the ability to lock/unlock from my 2 Video doorbells.

I asked the Ring support if he could submit some kind of enhancement to add that capability but not sure if it’s even going to happen.

1 Like

Hi @wldnkrazy. Thanks for sharing this information. In addition to our support team submitting feedback, we also have a Feature Request Board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature!

Hi, I purchased a Schlage Century Trim Encode for the front Door and linked it to my Ring Alarm System via Amazon Key. I just encountered the issue that many have experienced above, i.e. only being able to have one lock in Ring via the Amazon Key.

QUESTION: Possible to keep the Encode on the Front Door and then install the Z-wave lock on the back door? And have both of them accessible in the Ring Alarm System/App???

If so, do you have Century Trim Z-Wave locks? Please provide the link. The Camelot trim is not a desirable choice for me.

Hi @TJMring, happy to chime in here. You can read more about integrating compatible smart locks with the Ring Alarm system in our Help Center Article here. These will be z-wave locks and are added under the Ring Alarm system rather than through the Key by Amazon app. You can also find a list of compatible z-wave locks in this Help Center Article, so you can find one that is desirable. I hope this information helps! :slight_smile: