Ring integration with ELAN

Hi,

From reading some of posts I believe that RING does not allow integration with Home Automation systems, but I just wanted to be sure that this is correct before I remove my ring doorbell. I am especially interested in the integration with ELAN. Thanks!

Hey @Daalie. What exactly is ELAN? I’m happy to look into we do integration when them at this time, but since I am unfamiliar with it, we may not be integrated at this time. In addition, please let me know what Doorbell you have! :slight_smile:

Elan is a whole house control system. I have the same question about integrating a ring doorbell into the system. Here is a link to their website.

https://elancontrolsystems.com/

I would love to see elan integration as well

Hey neighbors! While we are not currently integrated with ELAN, we value our neighbors’ feedback so we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our teams here, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. Feel free to link that post you make in the Feature Request board here so other neighbors that come to this thread can easily find your feature! :slight_smile:

I would like to see intergation of the Ring products in to the ELAN whole home system also (Nortek Control). Please let me know when this may happen as I would expand my useage of the Ring products if they were intergated to ELAN products.

1 Like

To be more specific. My Elan system uses a Elan C2 commuincations controller for the doorbell. The controller recieves the doorbell triger then sounds the chime over the whole house through the A/V speakers.The doorbell itseldf is a simple 2 wire setup. If I new the voltage was right I think it would work.

1 Like

Ring is owned by Amazon and they want to make their own retail grade automation platform, I would be shocked if high end automation platforms would bring in any since the product is just not up to par with these systems standards. I work with ELAN and Ring is just not the way to go. Doorbird or the ELAN video doorbell blow it away.

I have an Elan system also. It is a very simple 2-wire system. The doorbell rings just by touching two wires together. Unfortunately, the Ring doorbell will not activate the doorbell. It can’t even make a simple connection when pressing the button. The Ring has a battery that will operate the ring function on my phone but can’t ring the simple 2 wire doorbell. I have 14 volts going to the doorbell, but the “tech” on the phone says it needs 16 volts. Unfortunately, the Elan system doesn’t put out 16+ volts. Not impressed with the Ring system. Any solution?

I installed a transformer that outputs either 16 or 24 volts. After installing, the status of the Ring now shows as hardwired. I also installed a relay to integrate with the Elan system. It didn’t work immediately, but after digging in further I found that there are settings in the Ring menu that need to be changed. Once these were set, it works perfectly. It now rings the chime on the Elan doorbell throughout the house speakers as well as ringing the Ring app on phone and tablet.

To access this menu, click on the gear icon in the ring app. Select “Device Settings “. Next, select “In-home Chime Settings”. From the next page you can select Automatic Chime Detection. It will have you make selections and test the doorbell. You may have to try more than one option In this section to get it to work. After selecting and testing the correct setting it worked great.

It’s too bad that Ring doesn’t make this easier to find. It would save a lot of people a lot of time.

This is the relay I used. It can be wired for either Normally Open or Normally Closed circuits. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09377N7MQ

Here is the transformer I used. When connecting, use the 16 or 24 volt setting for the Ring 3 Plus. Check the voltage requirements if you have a different model. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08D752CW2

Here is the Elan manual I found online. I used page 22 for relay connection diagram. Elan Z-600 Installation Manual download pdf (Page 22)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.