Ring app for Lg tv

I would love to be able to bring up my ring doorbell on my LG TV. The webOS should be smart enough to run the ring app and they have an app store. If you really want to show off you could code the microphone button on the lg smart remote for two way communication but just being able to quickly pull up a live video would be great.

21 Likes

I second this request for a RING APP in LG TVs. Samsung already has an app for RING, and RING is one of the most popular security systems on the market so it would be a big win for LG TV owners.

15 Likes

I agree. Ring needs to be available on LG

12 Likes

At least make it available through the LGOS browser (it’s blocked) or through Alexa on LG (it only works with a firestick which defeats the purpose). Come on LG please address RING device concerns and compatibility issues with your TV’s!!!

12 Likes

This would be great.

8 Likes

Agreed. Having the ability to instantly see a live feed from my LG TV would be an excellent value-add to the Ring product. Please consider this!

8 Likes

I love LG web os, but customer service is so bad, they never get back to me and we had to deal with a faulty tv for 4 yrs, and did finally get a replacement although it’s not same tv, missing most features we paid top dollar for. Am going back to Samsung. Ring on tv shouldn’t be so hard to get.

4 Likes

Yes please! LG T.V app is very much needed. Please consider making one. Thx

6 Likes

Reviews and pricing for LG and Samsung were very similar for the size. If I would have known this difference, I may have bought a Samsung

5 Likes

I have 8 Ring Cameras around the house and an 86” inch LG TV. About 3.5k worth of kit that won’t talk to each other. We need the Ring app for LG webOS TV. The Alexa app crashes as soon as I try to stream from one of the cameras. Amazon support are useless and keep trying to fob me off to Ring (an Amazon company) or LG.

2 Likes

its not blocked works on mine

It is not in the app section. How are you accessing the ring feed?

How are you accessing your ring cameras on your LG tv???

Hi neighbors! At this time Ring is compatible with Fire TVs that enable users to add the Ring skill to. We have found that the Fire TVs are compatible with this, as well as varied models from other manufacturers if stated in their documentation. For example, check out samsung’s support page about this integration with them.

In regards to other TV models, like LG, while there may be an app or Alexa operation, the model might not support Ring or the Ring skill. This is best checked in their support articles. Of course, we are always working to add and improve on our devices and features. Feel free to add this as a feature request on our Feature Request Board, which we frequently share with our teams here! :slight_smile:

I do not like your answer.

3 Likes

https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/App-for-LG-webos/idc-p/45787#M1386

Here it is please Vote!!

2 Likes

Voted and shared it on twitter

Hi All have tried everything to connect my Ring door bell Thru Alexa to no awail.

will a firestick solve the problem or am i wasting my time and money?

Thanks

Can you tell me how you connected your Ring to your LG TV?

1 Like

Come on LG, get the Ring doorbell app!

1 Like