Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring and Google Home

SOLVED
New Neighbor II

Re: Ring and Google Home

@boxner1 wrote:

That link leads to a dead page.

The link used to work in September 2019, e.g.
https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-add-ring-doorbell-to-google-home-4766585

The app is no longer on Google's site in November 2019.

Update 11/23/2019:

The link to the app (6th posting in this thread) works again!

RD
New Neighbor

When I bought My Ring 2 Doorbell and (Lenovo) Google Hub over a year ago, I was told by Ring and Google that I could stream the Ring Doorbell over the Google based hub.  After trying, I was then told "it's in the works."  Well, they still don't!!  I think Ring and Google should stand by their deceitful statements made to buying customers and make them streaming compatible as promised.  Neither company should be THAT GREEDY.

New Neighbor

Any cheap China provider can work with Google. Why doesn't Ring make it?
I hope that Ring also has capable employees, so there will be a solution soon.

New Neighbor

Few years ago Ring was promoted with API access coning soon. Now is not possible to integrate this crap to any smarthome. Thats a shame for a so called smarthome doorbell.
It is not even possible to get the live image of the Amazon Ring Doorbell on an Amazon firetv - this product sucks at the moment. Custoners are missing the most basic smarthome features. And Amazon Ring product Management doesnt care.
New Neighbor

That's NOT a solution, just more delays and excuses because RIng and Google won't play nice together.  C'mon guys!  Isn't the home integration sand box big enough for both of you!!?