Ring and Google Home

trying to connect ring and google home. still not listed on approved devices. is there a solution or updarte on this ?

Has there been any updates here?

Google Home works with a ton of other cameras, but not Ring. Alexa devices with with a ton of smart home gadgets except for Google Nest.

Who is blocking who in this fight to become the monopoly?

Please get your act together and just allow things to work, this is not a technology problem, but a monopolistic business policy matter.

That’s a lie and you know it

1 Like

@Caitlyn_Ring Of course you have updates and news because you have not provided us with any information whatsoever. Just that your “team” would investigate it like a year ago. Anything would be News. Just a tip, your company won’t be long in this business with that attitude. Let us know what is going on instead. Technical issues? Legal issues? Something that might be solved or not?

Any Update on this please?

Unfortunately, you talk nonsense.

The truth is that the problem is not with Google, but with Amazon - it is causing problems with the integration of RING Doorbell into the Google Home ecosystem.

1 Like

It’s really sad that ring doorbell don’t work together with google home. Ring doorbell doesn’t work together with rings own base station either. What a poor design.

I am disappointed that Ring interacts with Echo but not Google Home. Please do something immediately.

1 Like

I am planning to get off from ring now as it doesn’t work with google hub. or nest products. you could have easily created an app integration.

1 Like

This issue is not resolved unless you have an app in google home for the same. Or mention if there are no plans for it.

It’s been over a year since I bought my Ring2 Video Doorbell and was told by Ring and Google they would work together. Well, they don’t. Either resolve this issue, to be able to receive notifications and stream video on a Google run hub, or tell people you lied and have been stringing them along all this time.

1 Like

Has someone at Ring the guts to tell us whats going on on this matter?

I just linked my Ring to my Google assistant with the IFTTT app. The free version is pretty basic but I’ve set it to turn on my outdoor lights when ring detects motion.

1 Like

Can someone reply from Ring with an answer? I want to know if there will be a solution or not.

Hi,
Can someone reply from Ring with an answer? I want to know if there will be a solution or not.
Please we need some status and facts? What is happening regarding this Q in my opinion a very important functionality. I’ve got some questions from friends in the mode to by a Camera solution for theire homes - and as it is now I will not recommend RING. If sombody working with customer satisfaction at Ring pls respond. Very nice with a Ring Community but you miss a the ordinary support service were you could get a concrete answere on your Q
Is anybody out there…?

Hi there, neighbors! As mentioned previously in this thread, at this time, we do not have an update or any news to share on an integration between Ring and Google. We’ll be sure to post an announcement in the Ring Updates section of the Community once we have any information to share. For more information on the existing integration we have with Google, you can learn about the the Ring Assistant App available from Google here.

As we always value our neighbors’ feedback, feel free to add this request on our Feature Request Board. This way other neighbors can share their interest in one place, that we can organize and share with our teams here. :slight_smile:

Will Ring ever support Google home? I feel like I just wasted a ton of money for something that should work.

Well I guess I’ll be returning my ring to Costco and find something that will work with google home. not about to fall into the proprietary trap. Google much more flexible.

This thread has been going on for nearly 3/4’s of a year. Clearly the customers who are buying the ring product want compatability for Ring and Google. How can some of the biggest tech firms in the world not sort this simple request out in nearly 9 months? Comms for this would be good…

That’s really sad that in 2021 there’s still no support for Ring/Motion notifications and live stream via Google Home. This lack of integration is what’s stopping me to order 3 additional floodlight camera and thei Ring Alarm system. Looks like Ring is loosing a lot of money because of this, especially in Europe were Alexa is not available in all countries.

2 Likes