Ring and Google Home

Still no update about Google integration.

any update please

Any updates on this?

1 Like

The main feature I’m personally wanting to see implemented for use between Google Home, and Ring is for Google Home to be able to announce when someone rings the doorbell, and possibly the ability to talk to the person who rang it.

I paired my Doorbell with Google Home, thinking this core functionality would be available, but am disappointed to see that it is not.

2 Likes

So, Ring is not compatable with Google Home or Nest, right?

Yes I can’t believe it myself :confounded:

Seriously … please hurry up and fix this issue

At least make Google Home device chime when Ring doorbell pressed

Ideally, let us see Ring video on the Google Home device

4 Likes

Is sorry added yet for integration with Google home display so that when someone presses the doorbell, it will automatically show up and be able to be answered in a Google display suck as a Google Home Hub Max?

1 Like

nope, they refuse to make it actually work despite them advertising that it does

1 Like

How is this listed as SOLVED?

All we need is Ring to send CHIME to Google Home devices. But I guess that would halt sales on the actual Chime device they sell.

Ring used to be great, now I felt like I bought a piece of propretariy system that wants vendor lock in. SAD.

2 Likes

I just want to be able to control my ring lights in google home!

1 Like

Any news on ring enabling update ?

Simply disgraceful that the priority of chime sales is the main reason why ring is refusing to integrate into a main smart home automation provider like Google.

Shameful strategic thinking. Consumers should not be a victim of greedy trade wars.

2 Likes

Just bought a Ring doorbell and Ring Security on the prime day offer as it appeared to be compatible with Google home. It seems this compatibility has been removed recently which is absolute garbage - the devices are all going back to Amazon/Ring, no reason consumers should put up with this kind of nonsense.

3 Likes

Forgot to add, Ring devices also no longer integrate with Smartthings either - seems that Amazon/Ring want to lock you into their ecosystem.

Another good reason to ditch this product line.

1 Like

I meant,"…is support added … such as…"

I’m laughing at some of you now. No this is not resolved, they don’t want it resolved. Its too easy to pretend and just mark it… open a new one! If they won’t have the bell chime the Google anything what makes ya think there’s gonna be vid for home etc… lost cause. Too bad too. I liked the look of the cameras way more. But I’m not changing my house 9ver for a doorbell and 2 cameras so far. When I move or decide to stay, either way. They’re gone. Make up your minds what you wanna do… there’s 3rd party ones that work just fine with it…

1 Like

Three different doorbells on a three story home…to add insult to injury, not only does Ring not link to Google, the darn Ring chimes won’t allow a different sound for each door!!! Really, how hard would that have been? Such fun running down multiple flights of stairs and then rushing around to each door to see which one rang befoe the visitor leaves…

Looks like Ring doesn’t want your business. ARLO works with Google, and has better ratings. Too bad, first to market meant stalled and complacent. Good luck ring!

Just another shout to make the doorbell work with Google. Rediculous.