Ring and Google Home

Any update? Nearly a year later?

1 Like

@Jennifer_Ring wrote:

We appreciate your patience while the team investigates the integration with Google Home. Thank you! We will keep you updated!

Where are the updates?

Everything about Google home and Ring can be found using the link below:

https://assistant.google.com/services/a/uid/000000e4ac17fd8b

Above link is not working. I am about to replace my ring with a nest

It still works. Not saying that it would do anything. I’m not sure why they even have a rating. I think it said 1.3 stars. They’re pretending its 2 possibly… I will be changing mine also. Theres no point in having a doorbell that wont alert the house. Something a bell on a string can do for pennies.

1 Like

Replying to the link just above your post bpi

I have the best solution for the problem: It calls “eufy doorbell”. It´s time to change.

1 Like

But it won’t even ring through google home. You can check old rings and check battery status only. There’s articles that indicate they used to be compatible and aren’t anymore, which is especially annoying.

That is really, really lame. I wanted to get a Ring security system and another outdoor camera, but I guess I’m just going to have to get all Nest stuff, since I love my google homes and use them for everything. I love my ring doorbell, too, but not if google can’t even announce someone’s at the door.

2 Likes

I’m not sure what to tell you @bpi - the link should work. If not, it’s as simple as typing in “Google Skill Ring Video Doorbell” and a link will pop up.

@Rens - totally understandable. You need to do what is best for you and your home. We will be sure to let you know if anything with this integrations changes in the future. However, if you get a second, can you please let me know which features are no longer compatible? I’d like to send a note to the team on this asap. Thank you for your time!

@Jennifer_Ring, the missing features are seeing who is at the door, talking to who is at the door, even knowing that someone rang the bell. These are the core features that matter. Without these, the integration is wholly useless.

5 Likes

Chimes the google home when someone presses the button… is missing

2 Likes

The problem is really not so big…I searched and got the best solution on howtl, Does ring work with Google.

you must try their solution, it really works.

So now that you’ve had many months if research, when is this going to work? I know Amazon and Google are competitors, but seriously most of us are not going to be single vendor ecosystems, so quit taking your corporate frustrations out on the consumers. Even if I had Alexa, I would not throw away my home devices.

Nest doorbell doesn’t offer wireless, so I picked ring. I invested in Google homes already so I’m not getting Alexa and have absolutely zero intention to do so. So play nice already and make this work, even for basic functionality that is advertised that it works before the class action lawsuits start up.

Community support is a nice add-on, but it isn’t a substitute for actual support, especially for the price of your products I expect to be able to trained support people instead of whomever happens across this post (no offense meant) and whatever generic idea they have, usually just other people asking if it’s fixed yet, where this issue has been open forever with no real answer even tho it was closed with a “hose 'em and close 'em” answer. This is the failing of community driven support, there is no accountability and no real escalation path. Start acting like a real support company and offer actual support instead of community only. Or cut the price in half because you really aren’t selling anything that special with no support and no major integrations.

4 Likes

Why is this marked a solved when the answer is no?

3 Likes
  • Insidently, Ring no longer works with the Wink hub due to the mandated 2 step verification process. Considering that the Wink Hub 2 controls my myriad smart home gadgets and Google home is in every room to control the Wink Hub 2, its clear that Ring/Amazon is the weak link. Here’s the kicker, Ring is the only one to charge a service fee! I’m ditching 6 firesticks/FireTVs as well because who needs Prime with so many streaming options plus, everyone out there offers free shipping these days.
  • As a Project Manager for a large contractor specializing in the high end second home market, how could I recommend a Ring system to a cliant with such major compatibility issues? People want to use the gadgets they love and they want them to work together and they don’t care why they don’t work. They do know they’re never listening to that guy who recommend it again. No chance to explain, they just stop calling. I’m not loosing business over your titfortat nonsense with competitors and I’m definitely never calling that guy who recommended Ring to me!
  • That I should even have to explain this is asinine.
  • End Rant

Did you know that Wink is now going to charge you? Yep, pay up or you lose. Great company there…
“Wink confirms subscription service will begin July 27 | Android Central” https://www.androidcentral.com/wink-confirms-subscription-service-will-begin-july-27?amp

Still no update about Google integration.

any update please

Any updates on this?

1 Like