Ring and Google Home

Few years ago Ring was promoted with API access coning soon. Now is not possible to integrate this crap to any smarthome. Thats a shame for a so called smarthome doorbell.
It is not even possible to get the live image of the Amazon Ring Doorbell on an Amazon firetv - this product sucks at the moment. Custoners are missing the most basic smarthome features. And Amazon Ring product Management doesnt care.

2 Likes

That’s NOT a solution, just more delays and excuses because RIng and Google won’t play nice together. C’mon guys! Isn’t the home integration sand box big enough for both of you!!?

6 Likes

Actually, no it doesn’t help.

Improving the integration so that the Google Home devices ring when someone presses the Ring would help.

4 Likes

What has the investigation yielded? It has been nearly 5 months since this question has been posted.

4 Likes

Hi neighbors! You can learn more about Ring + Google Assistant,here. I will take feedback to the team. Thank you!

Well Basic funtions even right? Can the doorbell actually ring your devices inside ?? I mean come on. Whats the point of a door bell, Called ring may I add, That doesn’t ring what you have??

I don’t care at all about asking google when the last event was. Or even how much battery my device has.

When can my doorbell work like a doorbell!?!?

May I add to my rant. I was going to get the Ring security system, I already have another indoor Cam added. But I have Mostly google stuff (hubs, nest products, etc.). So what would you do? Change your whole houses system or 2 cameras?

3 Likes

I just want to control my ring system via the Google Home tab.
Now I will switch to a manufacturer with better service. Sorry, Ring does many promises but is no longer able to keep them.
The cheapest Chinese provider has better service.

2 Likes

Any update? Nearly a year later?

1 Like

@Jennifer_Ring wrote:

We appreciate your patience while the team investigates the integration with Google Home. Thank you! We will keep you updated!

Where are the updates?

Everything about Google home and Ring can be found using the link below:

https://assistant.google.com/services/a/uid/000000e4ac17fd8b

Above link is not working. I am about to replace my ring with a nest

It still works. Not saying that it would do anything. I’m not sure why they even have a rating. I think it said 1.3 stars. They’re pretending its 2 possibly… I will be changing mine also. Theres no point in having a doorbell that wont alert the house. Something a bell on a string can do for pennies.

1 Like

Replying to the link just above your post bpi

I have the best solution for the problem: It calls “eufy doorbell”. It´s time to change.

1 Like

But it won’t even ring through google home. You can check old rings and check battery status only. There’s articles that indicate they used to be compatible and aren’t anymore, which is especially annoying.

That is really, really lame. I wanted to get a Ring security system and another outdoor camera, but I guess I’m just going to have to get all Nest stuff, since I love my google homes and use them for everything. I love my ring doorbell, too, but not if google can’t even announce someone’s at the door.

2 Likes

I’m not sure what to tell you @bpi - the link should work. If not, it’s as simple as typing in “Google Skill Ring Video Doorbell” and a link will pop up.

@Rens - totally understandable. You need to do what is best for you and your home. We will be sure to let you know if anything with this integrations changes in the future. However, if you get a second, can you please let me know which features are no longer compatible? I’d like to send a note to the team on this asap. Thank you for your time!

@Jennifer_Ring, the missing features are seeing who is at the door, talking to who is at the door, even knowing that someone rang the bell. These are the core features that matter. Without these, the integration is wholly useless.

5 Likes

Chimes the google home when someone presses the button… is missing

2 Likes

The problem is really not so big…I searched and got the best solution on howtl, Does ring work with Google.

you must try their solution, it really works.