Ring and Google Home

Does Ring work with Google Home or not?

I’ve found articles that say it is, but Ring does not show up on the list of supported devices in Google home.

I don’t care about streaming video, but I’d like to be able to tell Google Home to lock my doors or set the alarm.

7 Likes

I guess the answer to my question is “No”?

8 Likes

I’ve had the same problem. Once I tried following those articles I discovered Ring wasn’t supported by Google Home. If I’d known Google Home wasn’t supported I would have chosen a different device.

14 Likes

Currently, the extent of Google home and Ring abilities that we know of are as follows:

• Recent Activity: Will tell you when the last even was, and what type of event.
  • Device Health: Will tell you the battery percentage of your devices, if applicable.
  • Record Clip: Will trigger your Ring device to begin a recording (video will not display anywhere other than the Ring application).

I hope this information helps! Feel free to send us any feature requests you had in mind for this.

2 Likes

I was looking at extending my Ring video doorbell and adding home security but with no Google support, I guess I will have to try and sell the current Ring door bell second hand and buy new items that will work with Google home. Its a shame there is no support for Google or Alexi etc

8 Likes

@jkyoung wrote:

Ring does work with Google Assistant with my Google Home Mini.

See Ring for Google Assistant for supported features.

1 Like

A simple no, ring refuses to work with Google would be alot more clear and may push our purchases in a direction where our smart home can work TOGETHER… Thanks…

4 Likes

Its a shame Ring won’t work with Google. Was going to expand my Ring with cameras but will now do some research and purchase something that works with Google. Thanks.

9 Likes

@Natey wrote:

@jkyoung wrote:

Ring does work with Google Assistant with my Google Home Mini.

See Ring for Google Assistant for supported features.

That link leads to a dead page.

2 Likes

We appreciate your patience while the team investigates the integration with Google Home. Thank you! We will keep you updated!

5 Likes

@boxner1 wrote:

That link leads to a dead page.

The link used to work in September 2019, e.g.
https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-add-ring-doorbell-to-google-home-4766585

The app is no longer on Google’s site in November 2019.

Update 11/23/2019:

The link to the app (6th posting in this thread) works again!

1 Like

When I bought My Ring 2 Doorbell and (Lenovo) Google Hub over a year ago, I was told by Ring and Google that I could stream the Ring Doorbell over the Google based hub. After trying, I was then told “it’s in the works.” Well, they still don’t!! I think Ring and Google should stand by their deceitful statements made to buying customers and make them streaming compatible as promised. Neither company should be THAT GREEDY.

5 Likes

Any cheap China provider can work with Google. Why doesn’t Ring make it?
I hope that Ring also has capable employees, so there will be a solution soon.

8 Likes

Few years ago Ring was promoted with API access coning soon. Now is not possible to integrate this crap to any smarthome. Thats a shame for a so called smarthome doorbell.
It is not even possible to get the live image of the Amazon Ring Doorbell on an Amazon firetv - this product sucks at the moment. Custoners are missing the most basic smarthome features. And Amazon Ring product Management doesnt care.

2 Likes

That’s NOT a solution, just more delays and excuses because RIng and Google won’t play nice together. C’mon guys! Isn’t the home integration sand box big enough for both of you!!?

6 Likes

Actually, no it doesn’t help.

Improving the integration so that the Google Home devices ring when someone presses the Ring would help.

4 Likes

What has the investigation yielded? It has been nearly 5 months since this question has been posted.

4 Likes

Hi neighbors! You can learn more about Ring + Google Assistant,here. I will take feedback to the team. Thank you!

Well Basic funtions even right? Can the doorbell actually ring your devices inside ?? I mean come on. Whats the point of a door bell, Called ring may I add, That doesn’t ring what you have??

I don’t care at all about asking google when the last event was. Or even how much battery my device has.

When can my doorbell work like a doorbell!?!?

May I add to my rant. I was going to get the Ring security system, I already have another indoor Cam added. But I have Mostly google stuff (hubs, nest products, etc.). So what would you do? Change your whole houses system or 2 cameras?

3 Likes

I just want to control my ring system via the Google Home tab.
Now I will switch to a manufacturer with better service. Sorry, Ring does many promises but is no longer able to keep them.
The cheapest Chinese provider has better service.

2 Likes