Ring and Chamberland My Q

Thank you for this continued feedback, neighbors! I’ll be sure to continue sharing these requests with our teams here.

As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our team, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. :slight_smile:

+1 to this request, especially since Amazon Key works with MyQ. This should be an easy integration to set up.

Please add this feature.

If you go to the MyQ app and the “Works With” tab, Ring shows up there. Description is “Link MyQ and Ring to view the status of your garage doors in the Ring app.” Except, that’s not what it does - once you link it, Garage shows up under the Shortcuts horizontal scroll on the Dashboard. If you press on it, it just opens up MyQ. It does NOT show status within the Ring app.

Hi @Johnnyma45. Thank you for sharing this new update we are rolling out to our neighbors! Do you mind sharing a screenshot of what this Dashboard shortcut looks like on your Dashboard? It should show if your Garage Door is open/closed from the Dashboard, so I just want to make sure it shows up that way on your end!

How do you link it to Ring? i hit the “works with icon” and it just launches the Ring app which does not give you the option to add MyQ?

MyQ seems to have just changed. I now see my garage door opener in Ring. A few days ago Ring launched the MyQ app. I had to rerun the integration. So far ok until… my driveway gate is also connected to the MyQ app. But that does not show up in Ring just the garage. Now I have to manually launch the MyQ app to control the gate. Sort of a setback 1 step forward, 2 steps back. I’d love to see the gate in the Ring app too.

1 Like

It looks like a recent update now has the garage status properly showing within the Ring app! This is what I see with Ring 5.32.1 on iOS 14.2.

1 Like

Hi @tim137. Glad you are liking our most recent update with the My Q integration!

Since this post, it looks like there has been some minor integration.

On SonofLiberty82 point will there be any integration with the actual alarm.

Currently, the alarm will not go off if it’s armed and the garage door opens. Also, the alarm will set even if the garage door is open. Should I add a door sensor for now?

SonofLiberty82 also had several great ideas you should keep in the idea box.

Ability to have the door automatically close so many minutes after arming, or alert me if the door is left open so many minutes after the alarm is set.

Also, would love to be able to have the door automatically open in the event of a fire alarm (as well as all my locks unlock).

Thanks in advance,

1 Like

Hi there. I bought the product " MYQ-G0401-ES" from the Ring store. It has the “Works with Ring” logo but I cannot find the way to add this product into the Ring app. Does anybody has a clue how to do it ?.

Hi, @MySmartHome! The best first step will be to remove and reinstall the Ring app, to ensure it is up to date and optimally integrated with your mobile device. Next, from the Ring app menu, select “Setup a Device”. This should display options for what type of device you wish to setup. If you have a garage door related device, scroll down on the list to see the additional options. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

None of this seems to work with Android. Have latest MyQ app and latest Ring app but no integration, nothing shows up in Dashboard. How does this integration work on Android?

Hey there, @01a3693fee360004cac2! The MyQ option should show up in the “Setup a Device” list of device types. This should be the same on Android and Iphone, although we do recommend checking for any Android apps that might conflict with the Ring app. Please also ensure no vpn is enabled. Once setup, your MyQ status can be seen in the Ring app, from the My! device section or through the shortcuts tiles on the Ring app dashboard. If you are still not seeing the option for Garage Door Openers during setup, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

Hi Marley
I have issues with the Ring app on my iPhone
I had created a post about it hopping to get some answers

I have been in contact with social advocate team of Ring. They are looking into the issue

Still waiting for their feedback/resolution

Hi @Marley_Ring. I did remove the Ring app and reinstalled but still I don’t have any option related to garage opener in the “Select a Device” menu. I’m in Canada, I wonder is this feature is not available for us. :pensive:

I am currently on IOS 14.6 and Ring App version 5.41.0 but I still don’t see MyQ Garage under ’ Set Up Device" within the Ring App.

Hi @PAULSIBAL. Under the Set Up a Device menu, you should see an option for Garage Door Openers. This is where you can add the MyQ integration. This Help Center article here has some great information on this integration.

did you ever get the gate to show up? or figured a solution with this?

1 Like

FYI: I was able to successfully link Chamberlain MyQ with Ring app. It was pretty straightforward, BUT my Yale lock in MyQ does NOT show up in Ring.