Ring and Chamberland My Q

Any plans to integrate the Chamberland MyQ into the system? Would love to be able to have the door automatically close so many minutes after arming, or alert me if the door is left open so many minutes after the alarm is set. Also, would love to be able to have the door automatically open in the event of a fire alarm (as well as all my locks unlock).

26 Likes

Hi @SonofLiberty82, I have let the team know of your interest for this integration. We appreciate you explaining the reasons you would like to add it to your system. This is also a great list to check for all devices included for Works With Ring at all times.

10 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I would like to see this integration too.

You may or may not already know this, but I recently found that the MyQ app will send notifications if the door is left open for a certain amount of time. For example, if my garage door is open for longer than 5 minutes between 11pm and 7am, it sends a notification to my phone.

12 Likes

Have you tried using SimpleComands.com yet? I think you may be able to do what’s your looking for in there on top of many other things between many different platforms and devices.

1 Like

I have mine set to automatically close at 10pm

I love this idea. Would be nice from the app to see the status of my doors like my Schlage lock that is connected to my hub.

4 Likes

New to the Ring Alarm system and am setting min eup currently, I also have Chamberlain door an duse My Q and would love the ability to intergrate My Q into the Ring App.

8 Likes

I also would love the integration!

5 Likes

Same here! My Chamberlain MyQ is affordable, simple, and just works. I originally bought it for the price, but it has been reliable over time and I’d love to integrate it with Ring Alarm.

3 Likes

I would also like to see the integration.

Thank you for this continued feedback, neighbors! I’ll be sure to continue sharing these requests with our teams here.

As we value our neighbors’ feedback, we’ve created a Feature Request board. Feel free to add this and any future feature requests there. This will help us to organize and share your requests with our team, as well as allow other neighbors to comment and add interest, all in one place. :slight_smile:

+1 to this request, especially since Amazon Key works with MyQ. This should be an easy integration to set up.

Please add this feature.

If you go to the MyQ app and the “Works With” tab, Ring shows up there. Description is “Link MyQ and Ring to view the status of your garage doors in the Ring app.” Except, that’s not what it does - once you link it, Garage shows up under the Shortcuts horizontal scroll on the Dashboard. If you press on it, it just opens up MyQ. It does NOT show status within the Ring app.

Hi @Johnnyma45. Thank you for sharing this new update we are rolling out to our neighbors! Do you mind sharing a screenshot of what this Dashboard shortcut looks like on your Dashboard? It should show if your Garage Door is open/closed from the Dashboard, so I just want to make sure it shows up that way on your end!

How do you link it to Ring? i hit the “works with icon” and it just launches the Ring app which does not give you the option to add MyQ?

MyQ seems to have just changed. I now see my garage door opener in Ring. A few days ago Ring launched the MyQ app. I had to rerun the integration. So far ok until… my driveway gate is also connected to the MyQ app. But that does not show up in Ring just the garage. Now I have to manually launch the MyQ app to control the gate. Sort of a setback 1 step forward, 2 steps back. I’d love to see the gate in the Ring app too.

1 Like

It looks like a recent update now has the garage status properly showing within the Ring app! This is what I see with Ring 5.32.1 on iOS 14.2.

1 Like

Hi @tim137. Glad you are liking our most recent update with the My Q integration!