cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring Stick up Cam (3.gen) SmartThings Installation problem

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: Ring Stick up Cam (3.gen) SmartThings Installation problem

I just purchased the new Ring doorbell 3 series with stick up cam. I cant event get the door bell added to smart things successfully due to error "Ring is reporting that you do not own any devices on this account". Were you able to get Ring doorbell working through a custom smart app using source code in IDE? I finally located source code today and it installed correcly however when I try to add the smart app from mobile device app, I get stuck at this error every time. I wonder if its because my devices are still in a trial mode with Ring?

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I just purchased Ring Stick up cam from Costco, hoping to integrate it with my Smartthings. I already have Ring Doorbell integrated into Smartthings, Smartthings is not picking up Stick up Camera as a new device, only picks up th doorbell. Please help
Highlighted
New Neighbor

Re: SmartThings Spotlight Cam Wired

Stick up cam shows as supported device, but doesn't change the final error.

installtion error also occur in it.

Highlighted
New Neighbor

I really need to be able to set motion detection only when I'm away for the indoor cameras and cannot.  When will this integration be made?  If not soon, I'll have to return these cameras.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey @sgai71. You may find that our new Modes feature is what you're looking for. Could you check out that and let me know if this works for you? 

Like my answer? Accept it as a solution (click on the 'Accepted Solution' button next to reply). Learn more about the Community, here.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

It would be great if Ring would support integration of all their products with Smartthings. I'm unable to use my stickup cam with my hub and feel like I'm not getting the full potential and value out of my camera.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

This is a chicken sh@&t answer! I’m having the same annoying problem, and it’s not up to Samsung to fix it. Smart things works fine with everything else. It’s just the stick up cam that doesn’t work. Get it together and fix the problem. And if Samsung is the problem, it’s your responsibly that to work out, not your customers. It’s your business. Do you want to stay competitive with other options in your category or not?! Fix this.
Highlighted
New Neighbor

I wouldn't  be suprised if Ring is trying to force the use of their own security hub and/or the Amazon Echo infrastructure.

I'm researching alternatives to the Ring system that work flawlessly with Smartthings. I have around 50 devices from a multitude of vendors on my Smartthings hub and all except the Ring Stickup work.  I'm OK with dumping Ring and  eating the cost as lesson learned  and never  believing anything from Ring that says "Work with Smartthings"  I've wqalready blown more soft money for  the tine I've wasted trying to get the StickUp working. 

IT will alwys be Smaththings hub first ... then only use what is known to work well and is supported

Highlighted
New Neighbor

Purchased a new doorbell gen 2 and having same issue and error message so its not just the stick up cam, looks like maybe any new devices won't connect, forcing to use their new modes feature i assume. Disappointing!
Highlighted
New Neighbor

More than disappointing. Anyone here care to weigh in?