Ring Integration with Google Home/Nest Hub

I’m interested in having Ring cameras integrate with a Google Home/Nest Hub. I did find that there was integration up until recently and now Ring does not show in the list of available Google devices. Please allow Ring cameras to be viewed on a Google Hub or at least explain why they don’t now.

19 Likes

We appreciate your patience, @hnb48 ! Our team is currently looking into the integration with Google home and we’ll keep you updated as soon as we know more.

5 Likes

Great news! The sooner the better.

Thanks for the update.

This is something I really want to have :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Please see this link, for more information: https://assistant.google.com/services/a/uid/000000e4ac17fd8b

1 Like

Please don’t delay to much… I realy love my ring products & being able to use them with my Google products would be gold!

3 Likes

Hi Jennifer,

The URL is dead. The existing Ring actions cannot view the Ring camera on the Nest Hub’s screen.

1 Like

It appears Ring was removed from the list of compatible devices and you have received a ton of negative reviews letting you know that. What is the current status of Google Nest Hub compatability. Not one from years ago.

3 Likes

nest is looking better… integration with google and free 24hr video viewing…

Im debating on ditching the ring doorbell for the nest doorbell and home hub, i just dont want to pay the $220+ for it. I just want the monitor dedicated to all my cameras and not rely on my phone when im home to see everything.

3 Likes

I am also awaiting the ability to link Ring with Google Home.

very disappointed I cannot.

4 Likes

Not sure this tells us anything.
Ring does not appear on list of compatible devices.

I have spent a lot of time with Google Support but they are unable to help if Ring not available

2 Likes

I look at it this way, Ring are way to smart not to allow thier product to integrate with a third party like Google. It would soon slow the sale of their products. Plus removing my cams trying to sell & buying another brand isn’t really an option ATM. Ring will get onboard (I hope)

@PhantomJZR wrote:

Im debating on ditching the ring doorbell for the nest doorbell and home hub, i just dont want to pay the $220+ for it. I just want the monitor dedicated to all my cameras and not rely on my phone when im home to see everything.

In conversing with Google Home Help, it has been three monthes ago that Ring would not negociate to connect with Google Home. Politics as usual!

1 Like

@Jennifer_Ring wrote:

Please see this link, for more information: https://assistant.google.com/services/a/uid/000000e4ac17fd8b

This link is full of bad reviews due to the lack of functionality between Ring and Google.

I want to be able to view my security cameras on my Nest Hub, be notified of doorbell rings on my Nest Speakers and display the video on the Nest Hub.

I would have thought that these would be basic features when integrating Ring into a non Amazon smart display.

I wonder what the stats would be for the number of times Google Assistant was used to check the battery status of a device???

2 Likes

I am also waiting for the integration. RING, please come with an expected time estimate

1 Like

@Jennifer_Ring wrote:

We appreciate your patience, @hnb48 ! Our team is currently looking into the integration with Google home and we’ll keep you updated as soon as we know more.

Hi. It would be really usedful if you could broadly outline what level of integration you are working towards with Google home along with expected timeframes e.g. Q2 2020

2 Likes

Can you give us a time frame please?

I want to use my google home hub with my Ring Doorbell 2

thank you

1 Like

link is dead

Any news on ring working on hub just got ring can’t believe they don’t work together in 2020 I’ve got 28 days to send back the ring so hope it’s soon

1 Like