Ring Integration with Google Home/Nest Hub

@Jennifer_Ring wrote:

Please see this link, for more information: https://assistant.google.com/services/a/uid/000000e4ac17fd8b

This link is full of bad reviews due to the lack of functionality between Ring and Google.

I want to be able to view my security cameras on my Nest Hub, be notified of doorbell rings on my Nest Speakers and display the video on the Nest Hub.

I would have thought that these would be basic features when integrating Ring into a non Amazon smart display.

I wonder what the stats would be for the number of times Google Assistant was used to check the battery status of a device???

2 Likes

I am also waiting for the integration. RING, please come with an expected time estimate

1 Like

@Jennifer_Ring wrote:

We appreciate your patience, @hnb48 ! Our team is currently looking into the integration with Google home and we’ll keep you updated as soon as we know more.

Hi. It would be really usedful if you could broadly outline what level of integration you are working towards with Google home along with expected timeframes e.g. Q2 2020

2 Likes

Can you give us a time frame please?

I want to use my google home hub with my Ring Doorbell 2

thank you

1 Like

link is dead

Any news on ring working on hub just got ring can’t believe they don’t work together in 2020 I’ve got 28 days to send back the ring so hope it’s soon

1 Like

I am very interested in this as well.

Looking into buying 3 spotlight cams, doorbell pro, and alarm.

But! I dont want Alexa, I have google home and love the nest hub and its design.

So if this integration isnt coming, then Im going with nest cams.

So Ring, please give an ETA on this functionality.

4 Likes

It’s been 3 months since the original question was raised & yet Ring still seem to be no closer to assisting the many customers that happen to own their great products & the Google nest?

Come on Ring do the right thing it can’t be that hard.

3 Likes

Ring really need to give their customers an update on this so we can make a decision to either continue with, or ditch their products.

1 Like

Yes I agree

This is very frustrating, they have the best cameras no doubt, but if I cant integrate it with the rest of my house then I cant use it.

I sent them an email a couple of days ago.

Their answer was simple and nothing new. Their technicians are always working on improving their platform and its integrations. But it isnt available at the moment.

Yes, I knew that already.

1 Like

Same wish here, please get this fixed so I can use my Ring with the Nesthub

the date is now March 11, 2020 and it still doesnt wor with Google Home Hub… Why not! I bought it because it was advertised as compatible. your last comement currently has a 1.7 rating

3 Likes

And that’s why I sent it back and got nest hello
Works like a charm ??

1 Like

I’d hiope so. Google owns it

IMHO the most important feature is that Ring Doorbell should be able to use Google home speaker to notify when the doorbell rings. It just makes no sense for Ring to make people pay $59 dollars for each additional plug that can’t be used as anything else but a doorbell notifier.

1 Like

Hello Jennifer,

Its been quite some time now since the question was first asked and all of us Google Home/Nest Hub users are still no closer to getting the answer! When will Ring products be fully integrated with Google??? The list of people asking the same question is growing.

Darren.

@Jennifer_Ring wrote:

We appreciate your patience, @hnb48 ! Our team is currently looking into the integration with Google home and we’ll keep you updated as soon as we know more.

I highly doubt it will ever happen. They want us to buy Echo products instead. I personally might switch to Nest Hello once I decide to get more cameras outside.

2 Likes

Wondering why i purchased a ring device when I’ve google nest hub in my house. Google saying it ring who doesn’t want this integrating but the only one hurting is me from my lack of judgment buying before researching. Ring kinda sucks right now. I’ve spend $500 for this crap equipment.

1 Like

Yes, I actually went ahead and bought nest hello doorbell simply because I have a google home and want a nest hub.

Then I bought 4 arlo pro 3 cameras instead of Ring spotlight cams also because the integrate with google, and Alexa also actually.

I made the decision because Ring couldn’t give me an ETA on this.

I dont believe that it will come anytime soon.

So, sorry Ring, I waited long enough.!

2 Likes

How is Google Home not supported in 2020? At this point I have an old 1st Gen Ring Alarm, and an original Ring Doorbell. I want to go all in on Ring cameras and smart lighting to keep (mostly the lighting at this point) to tie into the same ecosystem that I use to manage ALL OF MY OTHER smart home lighting products (Hue, Wiz, etc).

If this isn’t supported soon, I’ll be replacing all the old 1st gen products with competing vendors that do support Google Home. Tired of being strung along by Ring!

1 Like