Ring Gen 2 Smartthings

Boy I’m hoping I’m in the right area being I’m looking for integration help.

Installed my ring gen 2 doorbell with the ring app and all is great. I figured it would work with smartthings so in my attempts to add in the new updated smartthings app it says no devices. I’m including a screenshot.
Thanks

1 Like

Hi @Jace314! At this time, Samsung SmartThings is not a supported partner with us on all products, which may be why the device is not showing up under your SmartThings app. You can see their full list of supported Ring products here. I have passed on the integration suggestion to the appropriate team, but in the meantime, you can try reaching out to Samsung SmartThings Support to see if they have any suggestions for you on this. Feel free to also check back here for any neighbor recommendations. :slight_smile:

Then please partner up on the ring 2 as well. There’s a huge request for this.

1 Like

The only doorbell missing from smartthings is the Ring video doorbell2. The older and doorbell 3 pro have the compatibility.
With a boom of smart tvs over the last 3 or 4 years. You would have thought Ring woukd have approached all major tv suppliers and work with them to make their services and products compatible. Just like you do with android and ios.

I own many smart devices, but many like me have either gone via amazon or google.
I might be sending my doorbell 2 back for now.

There are numerous posts about issues with Ring Gen2 doorvell support with SmartThings. Why would you not work with Samsung to support all versions. This is quite dumb. Ad I have not unboxed the one I bought as I will be returning it. .

I really enjoy Ring. Its so disappointing to learn that the new Ring 2020 that I bought is not supported in Startthings. I also bought the Mailbox Sensor and of course cant use that either. What is disappointing is that the older version 1 works but their new stuff does not work. That does not reflect well on Ring.

Is there an update on this? It’s been ages….

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.