Ring Doorbell / Alexa Issue

I am getting the following error from Alexa when I try to answer a doorbell ring (“Alexa, show me the front door”). She says “there are already several people talking to the camera.” This started happening with the latest upgrade, to allow Alexa to answer the doorbell.

Do I need to say something different to Alexa or is the problem elsewhere?

It happens consistently. I have a lot of Alexa devices. My Ring doorbell is a Ring Video Doorbell Elite. I have several Ring cameras but only this and another doorbell.

Thank you!

Hey @CHFoster. Could you try removing the Ring skill from Alexa, and then re-enabling it? From there and once it’s re-setup, try to pull up the Live View! When asking Alexa, you can say ‘Alexa, show me my ___ (Front Door, whatever you have it named in the Ring app).’ If this happens again, please attach a picture or screenshot of what this message looks like please. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello,

I am having the same issue. Tried to disable/reenable the Ring skill, didn’t work. Is there anything else I can do?

Thank you.

Andre.

2 Likes

Hi @AndreCop, happy to chime in. Would you mind attaching a screenshot or picture of the error message that you’re seeing? I’d be happy to take a look. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for reaching out.

It solved by itself. :confounded:

Thanks,

Andre.

2 Likes

I hadthe same problem suddenly after working for months!
How doesit solved itself?
Thanks

1 Like

Did you figure out a solution?

No, it is suddenly working again today!

2 Likes

I’ve tried several resets and remove and add settings. No luck! Was working fine yesterday.

1 Like

No screen shots just verbal error message. Any advice?

1 Like

I tried removing skill and re installing. Still not working.

I think it is Alexas server problem

Hey neighbors. If the above mentioned steps didn’t seem to help, you may need to contact our support team. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. You can also find Amazon Alexa support here.

My Alexa says too many conversations. Nothing is working properly

1 Like

The screen shot is just a picture of the last capture the camera had, superimposed over that is “Waiting for Ring.com” while Alexa says, “There are already several people talking to the camera, so I can’t add you to the conversation.”

I am now receiving this same error message with my Echo Show 5. We tried disabling the Ring Skill and it did not work. We also reset all devices and reconnected everything. The Ring Doorbell 3 which works totally fine. The Ring Floodlight Cam states “there are already serval people talking with the camera so we cannot add you to the conversation”. Please help!

I can’t find Ring skill in my alexa,hence can’t connect ring devices to Alexa, can someone advise why is that?